Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-12-2008, 09:19 PM   #1
rg570lvr

Drives: '08 Yaris MM 3d Lb, auto
LB armrests are really good.

Wasn't sure where to post this, but I just bought one of the armrest/storage compartments for the Yaris LB from ZetaProducts.net from their group buy that they had, and it's really great. If anyone was interested in getting one but was waiting to see if anyone else would get one and like it, I want to say they are well made, fits right in the cup holder between the seats and mounts with 2 screws in like 2 minutes. It has a good amount of storage in it, the top is padded really well. I think the car should come with these, and it blends right in with the car. I love it, I almost bought the OEM folding type and I'm so glad I didn't.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:42 PM   #2
sportin83

Drives: 2008 blazing blue yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rg570lvr View Post
Wasn't sure where to post this, but I just bought one of the armrest/storage compartments for the Yaris LB from ZetaProducts.net from their group buy that they had, and it's really great. If anyone was interested in getting one but was waiting to see if anyone else would get one and like it, I want to say they are well made, fits right in the cup holder between the seats and mounts with 2 screws in like 2 minutes. It has a good amount of storage in it, the top is padded really well. I think the car should come with these, and it blends right in with the car. I love it, I almost bought the OEM folding type and I'm so glad I didn't.
do u have pics of it installed?

mods: custom sub box, i hit 141.4 db, new speakers, double-din nav, foglights, cruise, CAI, strut brace, under car braces, short antenna, remote start, alarm, actuators in doors and hatch

coming soon: window tint, custom sub grills, tach and........
sportin83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:16 PM   #3
Meteorite_Marty

Drives: 2008 5-door Yaris Hatchback
Questions....

Where's the picture?

Can you rest your arm on it while you drive?

Is the height comfortable, if you are able to rest your arm on it? In other words, is it the same height, as the arm rest along the driver side door?

The beauty of the Toyota one (which I have) is that it is high enough to rest your elbow on when you drive. All others I have seen are way too low, and only serve as storage space (which the Yaris has plenty of anyway).
Meteorite_Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:48 PM   #4
rg570lvr

No I don't have pics, I'm not smart enough to figure out how to post pics, really,lol. There are some pics however on the sponsors thread about the LB armrest group buy. Keep in mind the seats are pushed back to give you a good view in those pics...The height of the armrest seems to be the same as the armrest on the door plus this is padded. I'm 5'9" so where my seat is I have about 4 or 5 inches to lean on, naturally the further you put your seat back the more armrest you have, I might try sliding my seat back a little further to see how that feels. The reason I wanted the extra storage there is because it's out of direct sunlight. Stuff I put in the dash gets too hot, and if I use the side pockets by the back seats it's a little hard to reach sometimes. I just installed it tonight when I got home from work so I can't comment on using it to drive around with it just yet, but I can let you know tomorrow. I was under the impression the folding type made it hard to reach the handbrake, so I passed on that one...M-Marty I just noticed you have the 5 door, I have the 3 door, I have no idea if the middle console between the seats is the same or not, but it fits mine perfectly.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:37 AM   #5
Benggolf2

Drives: 2008 Yaris RS 4-Door LB
The partsman advised me that people generally have a hard time being able to rest their elbows while driving because it is positioned a bit too far back.
I am only 5'5" and therefore this might be an issue for me.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:44 PM   #6
drbilal

Drives: BELTA SEDAN
Nothing beats a good place to rest your arm while you drive lol. Its funny and true.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:01 PM   #7
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Here's the one I sell, installed in my car. sorry for the bad picture.
I have them in stock with red or black stitching for $65 shipped.

Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:39 PM   #8
dybbuk

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
The only problem I have with your's cali is that it doesn't match anything...
dybbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:31 PM   #9
rg570lvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benggolf2 View Post
The partsman advised me that people generally have a hard time being able to rest their elbows while driving because it is positioned a bit too far back.
I am only 5'5" and therefore this might be an issue for me.
Yea, I see what you're saying. I had a chance to ride around and try out mine today and it does seem a bit low and too far to the back to actually serve as an arm rest. I had to really lean over and push my arm back to use it. I do like the extra storage space though. I might try out the OEM folding type like one of the people above has, I kind of like this one anyway. Before this I would usually just ride with my arm over the passenger seat for arm support or just to change positions on long rides. I don't know what to do.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:33 PM   #10
rg570lvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbilal View Post
Nothing beats a good place to rest your arm while you drive lol. Its funny and true.
So true.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:38 PM   #11
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
all black, including the stitching, doesn't match anything?

Quote:
I have them in stock with red or black stitching for $65 shipped.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:47 PM   #12
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
all black, including the stitching, doesn't match anything?
Better get some Clazzio seat covers to make sure it all matches

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:24 PM   #13
SIPNGAS
I LOVE my Yaris!

Drives: 2007 Polar White LB
Send a message via MSN to SIPNGAS Send a message via Yahoo to SIPNGAS
I have the all black one from Garm and it matches perfectly with the interior of the car. (will take pics during the day, but just imagine Garms without the red stitching...same thing..)

Also, I'm only 5'1" and no, I can't rest my arm on it if I have two hands on the wheel, however, since I have a manual transmission, I rarely do. So, my right elbow rests on the armrest to shift and it's perfect.

It was easy to install. There's a bolt in the existing center cupholder, under the little round piece of fabric sitting in the bottom. Remove that and the bolt, place the armrest into the cupholder and bolt in.

I'm pretty happy I got it. It's one of the more useful interior mods I've done.

Peace

Lisa
aka SIPNGAS
SIPNGAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:01 AM   #14
PetersRedYaris

Drives: 2005 Scion xB
Quote:
Originally Posted by dybbuk View Post
Actually, the black stitching one blends in very well. My Toyota dealer thought mine was factory, wondering why the new Yaris' don't have one...
PetersRedYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:28 AM   #15
kuyachris84

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback Black
red and black.. that's the color theme of my car... i likey.. :D
kuyachris84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:37 AM   #16
solarVitz

Drives: 08 Yaris S Liftback
Send a message via AIM to solarVitz Send a message via Yahoo to solarVitz
Hey Garm, those are nice. just ordered one with black stitching for my car. thanks.
solarVitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:35 AM   #17
PHXDEMON

Drives: 2007 Red Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
Better get some Clazzio seat covers to make sure it all matches
Our cars have some ugly cheap fucking interior. That is just one step towards upgrading it to something that looks decent.
PHXDEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:51 AM   #18
custom Lftback

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to custom Lftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXDEMON View Post
Our cars have some ugly cheap fucking interior. That is just one step towards upgrading it to something that looks decent.
Totally agree! does anyone have a link to buy the clazzio red/black seat covers? Definitely want to get those when i get the armrest
custom Lftback is offline   Reply With Quote