Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #1
terminvz

Drives: 2008 yaris hatchback
anyone else have this door lock problem?

So I have the 3 door hatchback. On 2 of the doors already, the locks have become jammed sort of. Well, on my back hatch lock, the key goes in but doesn't turn to unlock so the hatch is basically stuck.

Then on the passenger side, the key will work to lock the door if its unlocked but it wont unlock the door. The driver side is fine, it will both lock and unlock. However, if that one messes up too, Im kinda locked out!

I tried using lubricant spray in the locks and that didnt seem to do anything. My next step might be getting a new key cut to see if it works better than my current key but not sure if that will help at all.

Finally another option is getting actuators installed and using power locks. That would work, but very expensive option.

Anyone else ever have this strange problem? This is the only car this has ever happened with for me.
terminvz is offline   Reply With Quote