Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-17-2016, 08:07 PM   #1
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
a few questions and an introduction

been with my wife for 7 years but just got married 2 years ago...and imported HER and her car from canada.....importing her was hard..the car was actualy a walk in the park a simple form and a stop at the DMV..no boarder inspections..nothing

ive been wrenching for more than 20 years..but i specialize in rust repair and custom fabrication but do it ALL from building wiring harnesses to full chassis swaps and such...the snowplow yaris is what led me to the site in the first place and ive been trolling it for a few years now

my wife bought her 5dr new and was dissapointed in the not being a 5spd but it was the LAST one in victoria in the blue metalic and a 5dr so much so it would have been 6 months of waiting list for another one...so she took it...being an island car its VERY clean and low milage...

now here is the Q/A part

being its a canadian model its a lil odd since we ddidnt get the 5dr in the US..so it may be one of only a handfull in the US..we got them in 08? when the dash changed

that said does the car have the key/chip imobilizer?..after her heading to victoria to see family and my only key to my ford explorer went missing(only to show up in her car) and we got snowwed on hard..i learned all about the imobilizer chip junk.....and i want to be prepared for lost keys

next up..key fob...i know on fords and most other new cars that even if they are not equiped with one the wiring harness at the very least is there and all you would need to do is get the modual and fob....is this the case with the yaris?>...her car is a power door lock only(no power windows and i love that)..but its got that tap twice at the driver lock to unlock all while unlocking the passenger unlocks all....from my reading the fob reciever is in the console behind the e-brake

next
can the speedo ODO be adjusted so the TRIP reads in MILES not Kph?..could care less about the speedo itself but the ODO/trip

the other couple things would be..whats it take to add OEM cruise control..as we do alot of beach runs and such
what is up with the rattle at idle..it sounds like exhaust stuff..dealer claimed it to be ebrake cable ....i havnt tossed the car up on my lift yet to look ..it sounds like a heat shield
"if" i found a manual trans(cause she still wishes it was) whats it take to do the swap?..i assume you need the pedal assy ..but what about the brain?...

last one for now..is there any way to make the throttle on initial take off more "fluid" its like theres a gap and then BAM your deep into the throttle..the car has ALWAYS been this way

outside of a hitch and new tires an uhh..NOS wheels that id sat on since the early 90s that fit nothing i owned...shes stone stock and right around 60k miles on her..we want to add the deck spoiler lip and would LOVE the same gen RS bumpers we saw in canada but they seem unobtainable

sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote