Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-05-2007, 03:34 AM   #1
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
So I got a cheap inverter and some spare things...

And since I have an extra AV input on my head unit, as well as an old slim PS2 laying around, I thought it would be fun to combine the two

I'm pretty sure the inverter is pure crap (cheap "inverter in a can"), there was a regular pattern of artefacts all over the screen, which is not seen with the other video input (rear camera). Also, the inverter needs to be turned off and unplugged when you start the engine, or the overload light comes on.

Anyway apart from that it worked like a charm, definitely something I'd want to integrate better in the future. Too bad a PS3 or Xbox360 would drain the battery too damn fast, though!

Oh and no pics, it's not easy to take when you have half your center console, as well as a PS2 and power adapter balancing on your lap

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:58 AM   #2
fat45s

Drives: Yaris Sedan YRS - Black Mica
i did the same thing. i got my xbox and an inverter and stuck them in my car.
only thing is, it wasnt a pure sine wave inverter so it kept on coming out fuzzy.

i heard if you use a pure sine wave inverter it works heaps better.

no pictures either though coz i put it in and took it out coz the picture was bad.

but id sure love to add the mod again later.
fat45s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:08 AM   #3
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Ah right that would make sense...

Anyone know if a DC to DC converter would be a better idea? No point in converting DC to AC to DC again, sounds much more efficient, and saves space...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 03:51 AM   #4
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
much more effeciant and "practical", but not as easy to track down the parts.
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote