Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-11-2007, 12:06 PM   #1
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
BAD Toyota Dealers....

This is just my own personal experience..with toyota don valley dealer . Nice people in there sales rep , reception, manager,, but once you got the deal and waiting for your car, everyone is not so helpful anymore... i had an option put on that i was told its standard and i found out it optional which is the etching part ( which i think is B.S.) so complain about it that that was never properly disclosed..the deal was already made car ordered, tried to talk to a manager,,and the receptioist was just very rude.. no call back, and ever my sales rep just shrugged it off he said he cant do anything due to the deal was already made.. i let it ride did save sum money and good thing im getting the econo rebate the government is giving us for buying a yaris.. other im gonna go balistic on this dealer..I 101% would not recomend this dealer at all unless you know someone in there...
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:04 AM   #2
uncleyaris

Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue!!!!!!!
I agree that there is a difference in service once the deal made. I got mine at Richmondhil toyota. Now I have no idea where to take car if I need too. Anyone have suggestions in the GTA and possibly a name/contact.
uncleyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:28 PM   #3
marcus
toyota

if i get someone ill let you know..
Old 04-13-2007, 09:17 AM   #4
JDMVitz
Obsessive Detailer

Drives: JDM
I also would like to know where i can take my car to if in needs of repair. I usually do my own oil changes, but aside from warranty repairs, i rather not take it to the dealer.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:16 AM   #5
marcus
toyota

i know a shop!!

very close friend of mine has his own shop at brampton though..but you got a new car any goes wrong dealer should take care of it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMVitz View Post
I also would like to know where i can take my car to if in needs of repair. I usually do my own oil changes, but aside from warranty repairs, i rather not take it to the dealer.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:28 PM   #6
uncleyaris

My friend with a Matrix, swears by Woodbridge Toyota!!
Old 04-19-2007, 01:00 AM   #7
Ric n Sov's Vitz RS
Waiting to be SC'ed

Drives: 07 RS LB mt 5 door polar white
Send a message via MSN to Ric n Sov's Vitz RS
Woodbine north of steeles keep going on right side where there is a coffee time in a plaza before 407 there is a shop there called T-Lex ask for basil this guy is mister toyota.. master tech... knows everything and can get under warrenty issues taken care of And severice is A++++.... he once a while ago the head of dvnlt when it was good there.. since he left maybe 8 years ago the place has gone to shit...

-Rick
Ric n Sov's Vitz RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:11 PM   #8
evolution921

Drives: 2007 Yaris 5 Door
Don Valley told us they have to charge us for the etching no matter we want it or not, so I told them I will be buying a Yaris but they won't be getting my money for sure and I went to another dealership. I believe Don Valley wanted to charge us ~$250 for it. The other dealership didn't force us to take etching and on top of that we saved another $7-800 on the price of the car. Couldn't be happier. They called me back to follow up trying to lower the price for a deal, but that was too little too late as I was already waiting for my ride, plus the price they offered me wasn't that good anyways.
evolution921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:25 PM   #9
blacksan

Drives: 07 Bayou Blue Liftback
I have a local Toyota dealer in my town that I have tried to work with on the last two Toyota's with out luck. This-dick bag dealer will not come off sticker and acts as if he is a gift too the population by existing. So, I went north the same day about 25 miles and paid $11,900 for a Yaris LB that was stickered at $12,789.00. The moral of this story, I am happy and the dealer can kiss my grits!

BTW, I hate phecking car dealers even more then politicians!
blacksan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:38 PM   #10
volleyballgeek

Drives: Toyota Yaris
I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL

I have had nothing but bad service from Aurora Toyota. We had a hitch written into the deal and a bike adaptor. We got the bike adaptor a few weeks after the purchase and were told that the hitch would be 2-4 weeks. So after waiting six weeks we called and they said that Toyota still doesn't make the hitch. To make a long story short it's been over a year and half and still no hitch. Not even a phone call to tell us either. If we did not keep calling them we would never hear from them. I called toyota Canada and they are trying to tell us that we owe them money so we can just call it even. How ever we owe them shit. We checked our records and they wont send us proof. Now the Toyota Canada is telling us that it's a dealership problem and there's nothing they can do to help us.

I guess Toyota Canada doesn't stand behind there dealers or products cause we have had nothing but trouble since we bought the car.

Beware of who you deal with and shop around. Make sure you are clear on all the details and ask lots of questions. And what ever you do... NEVER GO TO AURORA TOYOTA. They are a bunch of sleazy, stereotypical car salesman.
volleyballgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:01 PM   #11
volleyballgeek

Drives: Toyota Yaris
Follow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by volleyballgeek View Post
I have had nothing but bad service from Aurora Toyota. We had a hitch written into the deal and a bike adaptor. We got the bike adaptor a few weeks after the purchase and were told that the hitch would be 2-4 weeks. So after waiting six weeks we called and they said that Toyota still doesn't make the hitch. To make a long story short it's been over a year and half and still no hitch. Not even a phone call to tell us either. If we did not keep calling them we would never hear from them. I called toyota Canada and they are trying to tell us that we owe them money so we can just call it even. How ever we owe them shit. We checked our records and they wont send us proof. Now the Toyota Canada is telling us that it's a dealership problem and there's nothing they can do to help us.

I guess Toyota Canada doesn't stand behind there dealers or products cause we have had nothing but trouble since we bought the car.

Beware of who you deal with and shop around. Make sure you are clear on all the details and ask lots of questions. And what ever you do... NEVER GO TO AURORA TOYOTA. They are a bunch of sleazy, stereotypical car salesman.
Follow UP!!

Now Toyota Canada is saying that after reviewing our file we were indeed given an extra $500 dollars off the price but that is the dealerships problem. They also said that we had a hitch written in to our deal but that we have to deal with the dealership to get the hitch. After arguing for a week now they finally went after the dealership and they said they would give us a cheque so we can get it done somewhere else. I am kinda happy with this as i dont want to deal with Aurora Toyota anymore but now i have to go and spend more of my own time shopping around and finding someone to do it.

STAY AWAY FROM AURORA TOYOTA!!
volleyballgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:03 PM   #12
marcus
toyota

amen!!!
Old 06-26-2007, 08:21 PM   #13
uncleyaris

I have good news. I went to Bolton Toyota, owned by Paul Coffee the great hockey player, and got great service.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:24 AM   #14
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
so far I have had good luck at jackson's toyota in barrie....

but, the dealership paperwork they tried to manipulate numbers and scam me for $2000 on my trade, i caught onto the scam and was ready to walk, but we worked things out...
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:51 PM   #15
Teruyume

Drives: 06 Yaris RS
Send a message via MSN to Teruyume
I personally worked at Dave Nicholls Toyota (lawrence&keele) for a few yrs, i definitly won't recommand my dealership, their equipments are junk and they do use alot of aftermarket parts instead of genuine.

If u are looking for a good service advicer i will recommand Hon Ho at yonge & lawerence, he used to be our assistant manager, very nice guy.
GP Racing GR-6 15x7
Kumho Ecsta AST 195/50R15
Tanabe DF210
JDM LED Tail lights
Teruyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:57 PM   #16
marcus
toyota

so they use aftermarket parts and charge us extra coz they say its by toyota..hmmm ,,
Old 06-27-2007, 01:10 PM   #17
Teruyume

Drives: 06 Yaris RS
Send a message via MSN to Teruyume
na they use aftermarket junks, so ur bill looks smaller and be more happy, and assuming customers will return........
GP Racing GR-6 15x7
Kumho Ecsta AST 195/50R15
Tanabe DF210
JDM LED Tail lights
Teruyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 07:39 AM   #18
gsalsiri

Drives: Toyota Yaris RS 4Dr Silver
Just bought a Yaris

I just bought a Yaris at Woodbridge Toyota, and so far the service has been great. I pick up my car next week and I'll keep you guys informed as to if the service changes.
gsalsiri is offline   Reply With Quote