Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-30-2007, 06:08 PM   #19
dngz

Drives: black yaris sedan
i got the short ram intake from WR. the intake works well but installation was tricky. instructions were difficult and the MAF sensor didnt line up correctly. I eventually just crammed the screws in.. id hate to ever have to thak maf sensor out again.. lol

and what do i get in return if we donate my stock header?
dngz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 06:47 PM   #20
Yaris TTE JWRC

Drives: 07 5spd red Yaris HB 1.5L 16V
Quote:
Originally Posted by dngz View Post
i got the short ram intake from WR. the intake works well but installation was tricky. instructions were difficult and the MAF sensor didnt line up correctly. I eventually just crammed the screws in.. id hate to ever have to thak maf sensor out again.. lol

and what do i get in return if we donate my stock header?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris TTE JWRC View Post
I agree, i had an Weapon R short ram intake for my old Echo before i went for the TRD CAI, the Instruction were chessy with poor photo, and doesnt even match the product, i had a hard time installed and was never installed properly due to the chessy product, i will never buy another Weapon R product again. Im not sure but I think Weapon R is an American Company that clan its from Japan. Button line is, Weapon R's are no good
See what im saying????
Yaris TTE JWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:24 AM   #21
Galavoxx

Drives: Yaris Hatch
Talked to Joe, the Lotus man. He estimates his hand-made headers would cost about $1300 for a 4-2-1 config. Part of the issue is that it will be incredibly difficult to make a 4-2-1 that is the same length as the stock Yaris header. Either the header tubes will have to undergo some crazy bends or the rest of the exhaust would have to be reconfigured to match up to the longer then stock 4-2-1. A turbo is still possible but honestly, I didn't ask about the price. I guess we'll have to wait and see if Leo at WR comes through. Castrex, any word from him?
Galavoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 10:39 AM   #22
WRLEO

Drives: Yaris
Galavoxx.. We didnt have your car jigged for a header.. We wanted to.. And it was way too much work to do so, with the time frame we had.. If we had the car for atleast 1 week we could make one On the spot.. I told you we needed to get the lower flange made because the xb was different.. We knew the xb was different than the yaris , but didnt know hwo much and we wanted to fab something.. I dont understand how we dented your rocker panel... When you jack up a car the lower rockers bend with a floor jack.

At any rate... we would love to get a stock header because we already know the combo we need to do with this header " same config as the xb header " we did to make power since it's the same engine etc..

So all we would need is a stock header and the Donor will not get their stock header back but would get a " FREE WR Header " when we finish making the header. Anyone intrested contact me..

Also i would like to get a poll going for people who want a SMOG Legal Header or a Race Header which eliminates the Cat.

Difference in Power is alomst +50%.. Our Xb header makes about 10hp and 10lbs Tq.. So a a race header would make about 15hp/ 15 tq..
WRLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 04:51 PM   #23
ROCKLANDTOYOTA
JOE GIRTH

Drives: YARIS 3DOOR
so the megan header is weak???? as for weapon r products ive stayed away from these as far back as 2000 when i had my del sol.....PURE GARBAGE!!!!!
Old 02-18-2007, 04:55 PM   #24
WRLEO

At this time i dont see any Header that makes more power than our TC header or Xb header. Or at that fact any Integra header that makes more power. We may be garbage in your eyes, but we make power.. And since 2000 our quality and performance idea's have changes extremely.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:56 PM   #25
Galavoxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRLEO View Post
Galavoxx.. We didnt have your car jigged for a header.. We wanted to.. And it was way too much work to do so, with the time frame we had.. If we had the car for at least 1 week we could make one On the spot.. I told you we needed to get the lower flange made because the xb was different.. We knew the xb was different than the yaris , but didnt know how much and we wanted to fab something.. I dont understand how we dented your rocker panel... When you jack up a car the lower rockers bend with a floor jack.
Hey Leo. Here's my diatribe. And I'm not trying to badmouth you or your guys but my car was with you for a total of 3 days. In your original post on this subject, you indicated that you were "looking for a final test fit car to check the fitment 100%." To me, this implied that you already had a prototype header on hand and you were actually going to "test fit" it to my car. In actuality, you only had an xB header.

That didn't bother me all that much although I thought it was a little weird you didn't just say that you wanted to try the xB header to see if it would fit. You then came back on this board and posted a dyno chart of what kind of power the header might make and stated that you could bolt up at least one of the downpipe bolts. I understood that the flange did not fit but didn't think it would take 3 months to fab a flange. And, if the fitment was so close, why do you need another car for an entire week? And why didn't you call me about a car since you already had mine and have my number and know I'm willing to come down? Anyway, I don't want to sound like a whining ex-girlfriend here but I think you see what I'm sayin.

The other thing. The passenger rocker panel was bent. The seam under the car where the rocker panel is welded to the unibody was bent and the rocker being attached to that was basically sticking out about an inch to an inch and a half making the panel look all kind of f*(&%! up . The way in which the seam was bent could only be done by a jack. I know this because I've done the same thing on another car. The jack arm gets hung up on the underbody seam before the pad touches it's jacking point. If you don't lean down and take a look to see if this is happening, the arm will bend your seam. Not always a big deal. On my Porsche, I bent the front left seam in this same manner. The difference was that those seams just bent without any effect to the visible body panels of the car. With the Yaris, the panel popped out as much as the seam was bent. No big deal. I got in there with some vise grips and bent it back. Not what I wanted to do. Panel alignment is a little off now but the car is Black so I don't care all that much. Even so, you need to let your guys know to be more careful. And yes, I know they will deny having done it, but it wasn't there when I took it in. And I know I should have checked for damage before leaving with the car, but I didn't. Which is why I never said anything.

With all that said, I still want a damn 4-2-1 header. I want some extra horsepower. Since i just had another guy tell me that the 4-2-1 might not be possible on the Yaris, I'm wondering what you have to say? Is there a space issue in doing a bolt on 4-2-1 on this car? Is that why you're asking about a race header? What's the real delay?
Old 02-19-2007, 01:00 AM   #26
WRLEO

We thought the Xb header should have fit, it bolted to the cylinder header but only one of the bolts bolted to the exhaust, i explained to you there needed to have a 45 Degree kick to the right and the flange was slightly wider. I told you also i travel to asia to work on cars, so the baton was passed to ray. which you met and he no longer is with us. So now im stuck picking up the pieces. A 4-2-1 header is easy to make fit in the car, if i had a week with the car i can get one fitted. Your car was there but we also need the flange autocad'ed and then taken to a CNC to get it cut out before we can make the headr finally made. If you saw our jacks it doesnt have a pad on the perch, i wasnt the one who instaled the header or jacked your car up, but i will appologize about that.

So if i can find another car, or get a stock header i can have a header done pretty soon here.

But i do think a race header will make more power.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:59 AM   #27
Galavoxx

you should be able to find a stock donor header from one of the guys on here. At least ten of them bought a Megan header so there are definitely some stockers laying around. Start a new post on the subject and hopefully this thing gets made.

Or...you could just buy a Megan header off eBay for $200 and use that as your jig. Might be easier than fishing around on here.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:58 PM   #28
eco

Drives: 2007 Black Yaris sedan
Ive still got my stock header,but I live in Ga.,I would love to get more all-around power,but I am actually convinced there is a major improvement at the top end of the band,when I floor it,and the car stays around 5500 rpm is when I notice it the most,you really need a wide open exhaust aswell,this is where a 4-1 is better.
eco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:57 PM   #29
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
If you guys still need a stock header PM me.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote