Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2006, 01:28 AM   #1
asa805

Drives: 07 White 2dr Yaris Hatch
My Yaris purchase experience....

On May 30th i heard about the Yaris (yeah i never paid any attention to teh commercials .... i dont know how i missed them!) and on May 31st i went into the first dealership (and largest one in my area - LongIsland/Queens) and drove home that night with my white automatic 2dr liftback. It was on teh showroom floor and apparently was purchased by someone else and they ordered a passive alarm to be installed and at the last hour the guy's credit fell through and he couldnt get a loan.

So im a 27 year old girl and I dont know how to haggle and i find myself sitting in the lions den on the last day of the month with only my mom for support (which wasnt much because she is clueless abotu cars and just wanted to go home). Also i was all this time looking at a Cobalt so i hadnt done any real research on teh Yaris. ALl i know was that they were hard to find and that they were selling for sticker (but that invoice was not that much lower than sticker).

This is what it came with:

Conv. package
armrest
mats
bumber & door guards
spoiler
installed passive alarm and remote

Sticker w/o the alarm was 13,7 and I walked out with the car for 14,280. I think I overpaid for sure. They were a bunch of scumbuckets and litterally drovfe the car off the showroom floor before i even said I wanted to take it. Making me feel like i had to buy it then onn the spot. They wanted that car out because it was the last day of the month adn it was 10pm. it was also a madhouse. I could have easily got the car for a few hundred cheaper if i negotiated a bit (they probably wanted to sell that car more than me wanting to buy it and that is alot).

The kicker was that they tried to sell off the alarm for $999 and charge me extra for the remote!! Then they tried to tack on a $400 admin fee (is there even sucha thing??). Anyway I was about to walk out the door when they took awsay the admin fee and lowered the price on the alarm around 500 (dont know exact figures).

So what do you all think? Im very happy with the car but am dissapointed that i didnt get the power package. They had one other hatch on the lot that i couldve had but i was put off by the color (blazin blue). In hindsite i woudl have rather had the blue but am still happy with the white.

ANyway i think this car is the cutest car ever. It doesnt drive nearly as well as my old Honda Accord but its much better than my old cavalier. I also feel good driving a toyota.

This is my first post. :)
Attached Images

asa805 is offline   Reply With Quote