Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2007, 06:29 PM   #3
kcty

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
The Scions with the 1NZ-FE get this code quite often. I believe it's a VVT-i thing. I had mine come on, brought it in had the code read, and it hasn't come on again, and that was more than a month ago.

More info on Scionlife.com: here
My light came on the weekend before last during a long drive, but it went off on its own. I had another fairly long drive this weekend with a full car (I love that I can get 5 people in this little thing) and it came on again, but it has stayed on.

The service department said something about it being an idler gear problem with a known TSB and that the car wasn't currently experiencing the problem. They turned the light off and it is still off. I guess the problem will be fixed tomorrow when I take the car back.
kcty is offline   Reply With Quote