Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2007, 10:29 PM   #1
drknss99

Drives: Echo Hatch
Fx Projector Retrofit on tca4's car

Hi.. I'm new here.. Just posting some pics on a retrofit I did for a member of this board (tca4).

Projectors: Infinity FX35/45 bi-xenon (textured lens)
Bulbs: Philips D2S 4300k (85211+)
Ballasts/Igniters: resued from previous h4 hid kit (xetronic)

I used Infinity FX35/45 bi-xenon projectors with some textured/fuzzy lenses. I was hoping to get some clear ones but this was what I got in the mail . I reused the ballasts and igniters from an existing pnp kit the owner had to save costs. In order to reuse the ballasts from the pnp kit, a pair of amp-d2s adaptors were required. I also made a harness to activate the high beam solonoids as well as to keep the ballasts from turning off when the high beam is engaged. The shrouds are made from 4"-2" pipe reducers I found at Rona.

I didn't get a chance to take any nice beam shots so maybe tca4 can post some in the future.

Here are the pics!

Before

After

Was aimed kind of low when I took this pic. I reaimed them for tca4 later on.

Lens/Cover taken off

Made opening larger to fit the projector in

M4 stainless screws that directly replaces the existing short ones that hold the bowl to the rest of the projector. These were the longest I could find (7cm)

Test fit

Comparison - left 4300k d2s in fx projector, right 6000k? h4 pnp

Shrouds were cut, sanded(left), and polished(right)

drknss99 is offline   Reply With Quote