Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2009, 11:37 PM   #10
N9QGS

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to N9QGS Send a message via Yahoo to N9QGS
I would like to answer the question am I happy with my Yaris. In general yes! this is the first car that has so far gone 82K without requiring a unexpected repair or breakdown. It is amazingly easy to do maintenance on, and I drive much highway and happily report 40+ miles easily on those excursions. So on top of LOW cost of ownership and awesome reliability, I have to say I'm very happy. BUT!

it came with unexpected rattles that I hunted down, the cup holder placement is downright silly place in front of the heater vents. the paint took a beaten on the highway. my prior cars I thought looked better after this many miles. I think there should be more compartments to put stuff, i use the door handle for change. and the compartments off the center console are poor location and I cant utilize them as a quick access compartment. I think the liftback was better designed on compartments and not sure why they didnt put some of these same compartments in the sedan. Oh and I do lay stuff up by the speedometer and one time didn't realize the e-brake was engaged lightly cause the light is low on the dash and was blocked by stuff I layed up and did right with the brake a short distance before realizing the problem. I have squeaking over certain bumps, had since 30K, never had in any other vehicle. As you can see its minor stuff. now I know there will be decent resale value in this vehicle i'm sure, but I feel good this vehicle will serve me well for a good time after its paid off later this year. this will be my first vehicle I will have paid off and will still feel comfortable driving on long trips. This is the best thing I can ask for as it helped me get back on my feet financially, and Im glad I did choose this vehicle over a hybrid. Would I buy another one, probably but woul consider taking a good look at the Honda insight coming out at that time, Do I recommend my car to others? Yes, I do recommend this to young drivers. college students, the cost of ownership and gas will save you and help you get off on the right foot in life!! Ron