Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2009, 08:27 PM   #1
jonismyname

Drives: 08 liftback 5spd
BIG driving lights.... how?

i want driving lights. well, i have driving lights, mounted hanging from the upper lip of the lower grill. this is too low. i also used smaller rectangular lamps in my attempt to keep it small. i don't like those.

i want 7" lamps. big gawdy ones that light things up. hella makes some great 7" driving lights, and even a few very nice 4" or so setups.

has anyone ever mounted these on a yaris? other than the rally car with a specific molded piece above the grill?

has anyone deeply considered modifying the grill, to recess a set of wonderful driving lights?

the problems i see-
-weak mounting (bumper cover material) due to the constant slope of the front end

- anything will stick up and out

light enough lamps should be okay with the mounting issue... my smaller maps have no issue..

but the sticking out too far thing, i don't quite know how to fix that.

im thinking, new grill, cut holes, mount less huge lamps inside the grill? or at least 1/2 way into it so they're sitting behind a bit? then i could mount to the actual bumper?

HB grill for $28- http://www2.partstrain.com/basket.ph...9920733-853290

any idea's?

i also have other options- projector driving lights that are ultra small
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...rt=GTE-64631-5
maybe with a HID kit down the road?

or i could go with depo headlamps with a HID kit?

i just dig big bright lights, and do a fair amount of back road driving (deer season...)
jonismyname is offline   Reply With Quote