Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2009, 05:54 PM   #1
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Performed Meguires 3 Step Process today 3 Words HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!!!

Okay so first i will say i am completely sold on this process. I wish today was sunny but its a cloudy day i will try to take some more pictures when its sunny. You dont need to use any type of dish soap such as dawn to strip the wax. Just the 3 step process. 4th step would be claybar if you wish to do this first. I only claybared the hood and top of vehicle since there was a tiny bit of debri.

First i applied cleaner wax. Once i was done i then applied the polish the step 2. After the polish was done you could really see the shine. Also the car was squeeky clean. kinda how a dish is when you finish cleaning it with dish soap. So i would assume step 1 and 2 removed all coats of wax that i had on the vehicle. Then finally applied meguires nxt 2.0 wax. This is only the first layer i plan to apply 3 more layers over the corse of 2 more days allowing 24 hours for it to cure and harden between.

Then i will hit it with a high quality carnuba wax for even more depth and shine.

But so far i am liking the results. Took me a total of about 2.5 hours from start to finish with few breaks.

Enjoy the pics =)

Last edited by YarisSedan; 04-27-2009 at 06:33 PM.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote