Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2009, 09:29 PM   #1
GeneW
Banned

Drives: 2008 Yaris
Extended Radar Contact

On the way home this evening I encountered a strong X-band signal that lasted over two miles on a road with one mild right hand curve and then down a hill. I've been down this same path hundreds if not thousands of times over the years. It's a really poor spot for a radar trap, and the locals are not permitted to use radar anyhow.

Usually Radar Signals are short and sharp and can be found close to a store, bank and what have you. They're used for burglar alarms.

Police signals tend to be shorter and sharper still, and usually they're "line of sight" if not they're bounced off of metal. Furthermore in PA only State Police can use them and this was in town.

I'm still trying to figure this one out, Folks. This felt for all the world like a mobile source, one that was right behind me and had painted me for well over two miles. That's also strange since the mobile sources are rarely used.

Fortunately I was chillin' and dropped speed fast until I was just around the speed limit. So that two mile long signal, that continued with no apparent source and through a slight right hand turn and downward grade, is a mystery to me.

I'm mentioning this contact in case anyone else has been through this kind of scenario.

Gene
GeneW is offline   Reply With Quote