Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2009, 07:15 AM   #1
redyaris13

Drives: 2008 Yaris yr
What tires for all seasons

I have a 2008 Yaris YR (Australian Model). When I bought it, the dealer had fitted a nice set of Advanti 15" alloys to it, but had compromised with second hand tyres. Simex front and Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 rear. The front were very worn and they eventually replaced all four with Hero Milanza HZ1s.

I am finding these tyres' wet weather traction is not very good, particularly from a standing start. I get wheel spin almost every time. They also slip a bit on cornering. This seems a bit strange in a 1.3L car being driven quite conservatively. I wonder if the car is too light for a tyre of this type.

I am now looking at trying to do a change over, even though I have done less than 500km on the tyres.

What tyres should I consider?

I have had Goodyear Assurance recommended (we only have one model in Australia, not sure what it is equivalent to in US models).

I have had Bridgestones in the past and have been very happy with them.

I really want something that will give me good wet weather grip without compromising dry grip too much. Low noise if possible and reasonable wear.

Any advice would be very helpful.

Last edited by redyaris13; 10-14-2009 at 10:05 PM.
redyaris13 is offline   Reply With Quote