Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2010, 09:03 PM   #1
Oh,That Guy.
Blacksheep Asian.

Drives: 1998 Galant ES
1st-Time Buyer Seeking Advice

Alrighty, I've been snooping around and what better way than to just sign up and inquire the knowledge of Yaris-fans.

Some quick info:
  • College Student.
  • Working part-time (trying to go as full-time through the fall semester).
  • Avg income 400-450 a month (which I barely use aside from gas).
  • No credit history. (Probably Co-Sign)?
  • Basic student loans (nothing outstanding, yay for grants).

I have a 1998 Mitsubishi Galant pushing 180k miles dead on the tracks (timing belt broke -> bent ALL the valves -> needs pretty much a new cylinder head).

At this point, I just realized it might be better off to just go look for a medium-low mileage economical car. And we pretty much know what I've been looking at...
  • 2007 Yaris S 4d Sedan.
  • Includes Trim.
  • Normal Wear & Tear.
  • Used.
  • Black.
  • Automatic Transmission.
  • Power Package. (loaded with neat stuff)
  • 60k Miles.

Listed at the price $9,988. (which probably excludes extra fees).

I left them an e-mail and and the person who contacted me in regards to if they have any programs that could help a bloke like me. Now seeing as this is my first time even trying to looking a car, I seek the advice of the members of this forums as far as tips into successfully getting this car without hassle and possible lowering the advertised price (haggling powers go)!

And let's face it, in Texas - not having a car in the DFW metroplex = not good. I live 20 miuntes away from UNT and I work in Grapevine... So yeah I need a workhorse car that's reliable...

The Yaris has definitely impressed me (from all the reviews I've read).

So yes, help away! Kthnx.
Oh,That Guy. is offline   Reply With Quote