Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2010, 01:29 PM   #1
Eatoman

Drives: '07 Yaris 5dr HB
Before you call a tow truck.....

Hello everyone! Just wanted to share my nerve wrecking experience with you this morning! I have an '07 hatchback with manual tranny. Yesterday I tried starting my car but it wouldn't start! So I gave it a little push and managed to jump start it. This morning I had the same problem! I once again managed to jump start it. As I was stuck in bumper to bumper traffic on my way to work, I released the clutch a little too soon and stalled....then I couldn't start her up again!! I was stuck there for 20 minutes trying to start the car to no avail! I was just about to give up when out of complete frustration I slammed down the clutch pedal and turned the key....and the car started.....

Moral to this story....before you call a tow truck...make sure the bloody winter floor mat isn't obstructing the clutch pedal!!!!
I feel like such a doosh!!