Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2007, 02:34 PM   #1
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Unhappy Rust concern due to damage?

Re-posted in here bc I this I realise this would be a better place.

OK, so I have just noticed that my right rear wheel area on the car has been slightly cracked and damaged/dented.

There is a small crack (less than an inch) near the top of the rear wheel well (is that whut the area is called on the car's body?), and at the other side near the top of the wheel area it's pressed in o more than a little degree. :S

Its nothing thats noticeable, unless you're aware of whats happened as I am now... what the hell? Did someone lightly back up into me? FUCK. And when did this happen?

Anyways, I noticed (I think, I only discovered it tonight and its dark) that there may have been some paint chippage underneath... none thats visible on the exterior looking at the car, but underneath as you move to the inside of the rear right wheel well.

Besides my annoyance at having my car's perfect exterior damaged (her first wound ), I am presently MORE concerned w/ an increased rick of rusting I may now have because of this. (with our cold winter's and all the road salt we use up here north of Toronto) Is this a valid and reasonable concern I should be having at this point? I'm not sure.. im not versed at all in much knowledge re: rust on a car. So whether or not this should be a real concern of mine, I'm not even sure at this point. Just it occurs to me and seems logical that maybe it is?

Sometime this week I may try to get a quote on whut it would cost to repair, but I dont have the $$$ I want spend to fix this, and I don't wanna go through insurance only to see my rates go up even though it's not my fault.

Last time I had to have a vehicle repaired for a deep dent/scratch in the front driver's door, it cost me like 600$ to repair, to un-indent the door in the wrecked area, and to pay to have the paint colour matched and reapplied to hide the damage.

If it's more than a 100$ or so, I'm content to accept it as Cara's first wound, and get on with it. It's not really marring the appearance of my car to a great extent. But if rust could be an elevated concerned now, I feel more inclined to take steps.

Anyone with some comments, thanks.

Jem

EDIT:

Ill try to grab my buddy's digi cam so I can take a picture of the damaged area so yall can kinda see visually whut I'm talking about. Hopefully tomrrow or Tues then. Hopefully the pic will be ok.