Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2011, 04:15 PM   #1
john456

Drives: 2009 Yaris 2 door Liftback
Mods for towing and CB - with pics

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here, but I have been using the forum a lot for information in the last few months. The forum has been so much help to me I felt like I should contribute something in return. So I decided to upload some pictures of the things I have done with my 2009 Yaris HB.

I purchased the Yaris for a particular purpose. I wanted a small and light vehicle that got great MPG. And one with a manual transmission that could be towed behind an RV.

The first mod I did was to install cruise control. The instructions on how to to it were unbelievably helpful. Those of you who did all the hard work to put together all the information and then publish in in an easy "How to" format, your work was much appreciated. My cruise control works just like it came from the factory and only costed about $100.

Next thing I wanted to do, and the biggest project, was the installation of the baseplate to attach a Roadmaster tow bar. I went with the Stowmaster model. There were a few caveats with the installation, but it turned out very good. If anyone has an interest, I could answer questions ... but unfortunately I neglected to take pictures of the project while it was underway.

A CB radio was another thing I wanted to install. This turned out to be possible, but not easy. I had to replace the factory radio with a 1/2 height single DIN stereo. As would be expected, this forum again became a great place for information on how to do it. Pictures to follow.

I also have a cell antenna and a wilson cellular amplifier which is not yet installed. The antenna went through the dash along with tail light wiring (for towing) and the CB antenna cable.

Hope you enjoy the pictures, and thanks again for all the help I found on the forum here.

John

Last edited by john456; 07-11-2011 at 04:57 PM.
john456 is offline   Reply With Quote