Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2012, 01:53 PM   #11
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Drives: light blue liftback
I've seen that dyno float around many times and its always associated with RichardHoldener but basically its a custom intake manifold, intake, long tube, and race exhaust which adds a considerable amount of cost to the project plus those parts don't exist and no one has been able to duplicate them so I don't believe its real. Most of the dynos fall in the low 120's to low 130's with high 110's being the norm for stock. I'm just saying 140's are unlikely to be seen from a 2zr swap.

40lbs is quite a bit of weight to add for 20hp but even so you still need an all the supporting parts to make it work plus its such a small gain I don't think its worth the effort.

I don't see what the issue with the c50 transmission is, for a higher powered engine the gear ratio's aren't terrible you just need to get a better final drive but that's not even that big of an issue since the weight gain is 80 lbs total for an extra almost 80 hp plus you also have room to grow and the engine has way better aftermarket support whereas the 2zr does not. The only reason I can see someone going with the 2zr is if they wan't to remain CARB compliant in which case I'd just sell the car and buy something else because it would be far easier and less of a hassle to get the power you want and still remain emissions compliant.

Like I said before I'd much rather swap to 3mz or a 2gr or even a 2az before I'd even consider a 2zr engine simply because the gains are more inline with someone who's modding a car would expect for power output.
xnamerxx is offline   Reply With Quote