Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #19
caineroad

Drives: 06 Yaris HB CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
OK - The big question is just how much current the ON wire is drawing. Apparently it is more than just the switching current of a relay coil.

You could connect the ON wire to the high current spade (along with the other red), but you would lose ignition switching for the seat heaters. You could add another relay, per my DIY, and do the ignition switching that way.
Thanks Scott, I will consider both options.

At the mean time, I bought a new fuse, drove to work this morning no problems, but when I hit reverse(to parking), the airbag warning light came on again. Instantly I know it was the fuse blowing out again.

But I didn't realize it was the reverse causing the problem, I thought it was the seat heater acting up again, I was so frustrated. I took out the seat heater connections, so it is not connected to the car. This time I put a new fuse in. Started the car up, it blew again... wtf

So apparently it could not be the seat heater causing the blow out, right?

I have a reverse camera tapped to the cigarette lighter line, and the reverse signal light connected to(if i remember correctly behind the change box)

I actually had the reverse camera for 3-4 months already without trouble.

Have I made enough testing that the seat heater should not be the culprit but something else, maybe the reverse camera?

Beg for any idea... dealership is charging me $105 for a diagnosis fee if i want to get it checked up...

The only difference is that this time the voltage is not draining, whats going on?
caineroad is offline   Reply With Quote