Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2014, 01:38 PM   #10
Jason@SportsCar

Drives: 2015 H Production Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv View Post
Because the ECU needs the most accurate reading not some additional gauge that has nothing to do with the way engine runs. If I weren't going to be doing what I am doing then I wouldn't worry about it, but I push the engine very hard and fast so this is how I want it to be.

As for the sandwich adapter I will be selling mine. I spoke above how I will be moving the oil pressure sending unit even off the T. I prefer not to run sandwich adapters. Case in point that my jack was run over during the winter and I had to change the oil about 6 weeks back. I had no choice but to take the car to a shop. I told them that the sandwich adapter was there yet they still somehow ended up loosening it and then it caused a leak after the oil change plus the tech damaged my sending unit in the process. Not worth the trouble if I end up in a bind.
A simple plug-in OBD2 device will give you that temp reading (and more) without even getting your hands dirty. Seems pointless to have a secondary temp gauge that is not providing you the correct data.
http://shop.microimageonline.com/ScanGauge-II-SGII.htm