Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2014, 10:05 AM   #1
TheBeerglar

Drives: 06 Yaris RS 4Dr Hatchback
Question 2006 Yaris RS keyless entry details

Hello,

I recently purchased a 2006 Yaris RS which unfortunately came with only a 3rd party key. I guess the original owners lost the main keys.

I'd like to buy and program a new key fob for my vehicle but I'm having some issues pinning down which fob is the right one for my particular model as it seems to be a transition year for the Yaris.

From the fobs and programming instructions I've found it seems to be either 2007-2011 or I can find 2000-2005 echo products.

I'm confirmed with the dealership that my car did have keyless entry available so I would only need to have a fob made. Also that I do not need the key type that requires the anti-theft chip as a simple $5 cut key will start my vehicle.

Could someone please answer the following;

1. Which key fob models can be used?
2. Is there models you would recommend for hearty build? aesthetics?
3. Which programming sequence should I use?

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Cheers,
TheBeerglar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fob, key remote, keyless entry, programming, yaris