Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2015, 06:47 AM   #1
CLuchs

Drives: 2008 3 door HB
08 Yaris For a Camper and College Student?

I found an 08 Yaris HB, cherry red, seems in nice shape. It has one ding maybe the size of a quarter. I drive a ton, and I love camping, and usually take 1-2 people with me. I need 3 things, In this order, 2 of which I know this car can do well, 1.) Reliability. I need 5+ years out of this car. I maintain my cars religiously, and meticulously, It's a toyota, shouldn't be an issue.
2.) Gas Mileage- It's a 2300 pound car with a 1.5... again, no problem
3.) I need to still have good gas mileage with a week and a half worth of 2 people's camping gear and 2-3 people in the car, and have a top speed that is capable of keeping up on the highway
Will the yaris meet the third requirement when packed full of my stuff?
How loud is a yaris at 65-75 mph? If it drones REEEAAALLLLYYY bad on the highway that may be an issue.
Car Mags and Edmunds and Caranddriver say this car is comfy but doesn't handle too well, but you guys say it handles like a dream. Is it really fun to drive? I mean through the twisties is it a bit exciting? Thanks guys! looking forward to being one of you on friday!
CLuchs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fun, interior space, new buyer