Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2015, 01:02 PM   #1
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Question Yet another A/C problem/question thread

After reading as many threads as I can, I'm still unsure of how to diagnose a no cold air issue.

What I am seeing and experiencing;

- no cold air at all, not even briefly
- no typical drop in RPM when a/c engaged via climate control button
- no bubbles visible in sight glass

What I have done;

- check all fuses and they are good
- briefly depressed low pressure line valve and pressure was released
- cleaned pressure switch connector

When I depressed the line valve, bubbles did appear in the sight glass. These went away once engine was restarted. No subsequent bubbling appeared.

It should be noted that I do not currently have access to pressure gauges or a multi-meter, so I cannot perform any diagnosis that involves those items.

Finally, a rookie question. Visually, how can I tell if the compressor clutch is engaging since the pulley is always spinning? I'm guessing that if the disc located on the left side of the a/c pulley is spinning, then the clutch is engaged. If that is the case, then my clutch is always engaged.

Thanks in advance for whatever insight can come my way.

Last edited by WeeYari; 09-04-2015 at 01:35 PM.
WeeYari is offline   Reply With Quote