Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2021, 12:57 PM   #1
Tferrari

Drives: 2093 yaris
Student daughter lost only key for 2003 Yaris. Best fix?

My daughter who is studying at uni, got her first ever car last week and has been on cloud nine since. No more spending hours a day walking to and from her destination. She was only given 1 key and had not had the sensible thought of getting a spare cut.

She parked at her evening job last night and lost her only key. Plenty of searching and crying since, no luck

Can anyone here suggest best/most cost effectivesolution please? Are these smart keys or just blades that need cutting. I know they have remote fobs, are they just for locks or also immobilizer.

She is in the UK, I have tools that would program the remote but am in the USA.

Not sure if is is a smart key or too old. Also are we able to get key code pattern from dealer by showing them log book, then get blade cut at locksmith

Shei is bei g quoted hundreds of pou ds to solve and is distraught.

Any and all advice appreciated. Thanks
Tferrari is offline   Reply With Quote