Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-19-2008, 05:08 PM   #1
joelitton

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to joelitton Send a message via Yahoo to joelitton
Just got my 08 LB (back in JAN, b4 hack, after backup :)

I joined YW in September '07 and learned a lot here. But I didn't post anything until I picked up my 'preference order' Yaris in January of '08. That was a few months *after* the last pre-hacking backup. Oh well. We shall rebuild.

I've posted a couple of pics in my YW garage. Here's a pic shortly after getting the LB, when we took it over to St Pete Beach here on the Gulf coast of Florida:

That first day, once I got my new baby home, I popped off the front bumper and swapped the stock horn for some dual FIAMM horns. I wanted to ensure that I had something LOUD.

My wife thought I was nuts tearing into a brand new car on the very day that I got it :) ...here's a pic from that evening:

That was 10,000 miles ago. I just changed the oil again today, in fact. I absolutely love the Yaris - even more than my wife likes her Fit
2008 Blazing Blue LB. 5-spd MT, Power Package, side airbags, antilock brakes, rear spoiler, bumper guard, splashguards, power locks/ alarm. Added: Tanabe front strut tower bar, Beatrush aluminum underpanel, NST short shift kit, NST crank pulley, WeatherTech side window deflectors, Wheelskins steering wheel cover and shift boot, dual loud FIAMM horns, 30% tint all around, wheel locks. Yet to install: NST alt and WP pulleys. More to come :)

joelitton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:07 PM   #2
specialeducator

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan
Nice- thanks for sharing
specialeducator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:15 PM   #3
Sodium Duck
╚══════════RN

Drives: 2008 Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Sodium Duck
I know what you mean. I put a cheap-o FIAMM horn on mine, too. Next step in the future is to add some auxillary air horns. Keep your eyes peeled for that DIY, lol!