Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-25-2009, 11:15 PM   #1
kngrsll
Apexing Egg!!

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris white hatch
Send a message via AIM to kngrsll
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren View Post
The do the first few times...

Then they get hot and start fading. Then they get hotter and quit working altogether! Been there, done that... fortunately, they recover quickly.
with a good high temp pad (hp+ or blue) and fluid, they should do fairly well since the car is light, but a little bit of ducting could go a long way!

loren, what kind of pads are you running now? im going to look into what other calipers may have the same part number so we can possible get another pad on the car, but i dunno what the chances of finding another are. have you done any ducting yet?
kngrsll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:41 PM   #2
Loren
What?

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by kngrsll View Post
with a good high temp pad (hp+ or blue) and fluid, they should do fairly well since the car is light, but a little bit of ducting could go a long way!

loren, what kind of pads are you running now? im going to look into what other calipers may have the same part number so we can possible get another pad on the car, but i dunno what the chances of finding another are. have you done any ducting yet?
I've got some sort of Endless high-end street pad on the car. They're better than stock pads, but they do indeed have an "End"!

Yes, some brake ducting did help.

I agree, a really good track pad, high temp fluid, and some cooling ducts should be all any of us will really need.

----------------------- Loren@InvisibleSun.org -----------------------
Loren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:02 AM   #3
kngrsll
Apexing Egg!!

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris white hatch
Send a message via AIM to kngrsll
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren View Post
I've got some sort of Endless high-end street pad on the car. They're better than stock pads, but they do indeed have an "End"!

Yes, some brake ducting did help.

I agree, a really good track pad, high temp fluid, and some cooling ducts should be all any of us will really need.
do you have pics of your ducting anywhere??
kngrsll is offline   Reply With Quote