Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-31-2009, 07:45 PM   #37
WolfWings

Drives: Silver 2007 3Dr - Gryph
Quote:
Originally Posted by talnlnky View Post
see thats the great thing about my planned install... No subs in the back, so no need to go crazy on that part of the car.

I will however have 8" midbass drivers with a one way x-max of 12mm in each door being chocked with 160rms each. Which means my doors have to be dead as forged aluminum otherwise i'll go crazy.
Oh, I'm running flat-stock speakers and no amp or sub on my system. It took that much deadening in specific spots (about half a square foot is actual 5 layers thick) to stop the side-panels from going 'ting' when rapped with my knuckles. =^.^= I was going purely for silencing the outside world out, as I'm content with the stock sound system aside from the head unit.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:53 PM   #38
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWings View Post
Oh, I'm running flat-stock speakers and no amp or sub on my system. It took that much deadening in specific spots (about half a square foot is actual 5 layers thick) to stop the side-panels from going 'ting' when rapped with my knuckles. =^.^= I was going purely for silencing the outside world out, as I'm content with the stock sound system aside from the head unit.
haha... ok... yeah, I disconnected my rear speakers... and have no plans of ever giving them power again.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:04 AM   #39
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Okie dokie...

After I finish posting the pictures I have some news. I'm still trying to not be sick...bear with me.

What we're looking at right now is the front with the seats out:

Here's the trunk pop and the fuel door again. Remember 10mm deep socket:

Now, you're ready to take the carpeting up AFTER you get the seat belts on both sides. Pop those panels off and then use a 15mm socket to get those bolts off. Easy peasy. Oh, I almost forgot, of course you'll have the center console out...I think I already covered it, if I didn't remind me and I will. The carpet won't come off without you removing part of the back of the E-brake skeleton, don't worry, It’s easy. It’s three 10mm bolts. Her's what it looks like removed:

Here we are in the middle of the deadening:

Here's the little bits of deadening:

...The Ensolite is being applied:

Here's some lunch time sexyness! Whoot! I've got good video of it too...MAN this bike was sexy:

Dry clutch...sounds like a bag of tools being rattled. Works like a champ though:

Ahh...The sound of it. Better than sex...sort of:

I thought you'd enjoy this addition:

Man that sounded hot. Anyway, I have more pictures. For the more important news, I'll be finishing as much of the Yaris as possible before two weeks. After the 13th, I get shipped to Ft. Stewart, GA. Then it's off (via Hunter Army Airfield most likely) to Iraq for 9 months. I REALLY wanted to finish the car before I had to go the big sandbox. I'll post a couple more times no worries. I just want to get back whole and sane...

Last edited by sqcomp; 12-12-2009 at 09:37 AM.
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:09 AM   #40
Lafiro

Drives: 06 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Lafiro
Wow, what a way to make the car quieter.
I will be doing this soon because the road here are horrible/driving at highway speeds makes the cabin sound like its rumbling softly constantly, and its annoying cause the music has to be put up a lot to counter the noise.
Lafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:45 AM   #41
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

I hear you on the road noise. Even with all the factory sound damping removed, this car is a good bit quieter than before. The funny thing is, with the noise floor lowered, I'm finding new squeaks and rattles. That damned dome light is going to be the death of me. I'm going to drop the headliner eventually to kill that squeaking up there.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:51 PM   #42
supmet
Banned

Drives: 2007 4 Door Yaris
This thread is awesome. Bookmarked for when I decide to deaden my car!
supmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:47 PM   #43
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

There's SO much more to do yet. Unfortunately the Army calls. If you have any questions about what I've done so far...please, drop me a line. Understand though if for whatever reason I don't get back to you immediately.