Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-22-2006, 10:33 PM   #19
Driver

Drives: 07 Yaris silver manual sedan
Some dealers are just morons. I went to one dealer talked to the salesman told him what I wanted and gave him a deposit. When he went to the sales manager to OK the deal he told the salesman "Oh we can't get a car with what he wants" and had the salesman give me my deposit back. Fortunately living in NYC there are quite a few Toyota dealers and I went to another one with the same request and am now waiting for him to give me the Vin number of my car which is being prepared at the factory. The Yaris is beginning to be seen more frequently in NYC these days. I've seen two parked in my neighborhood within the past week.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:47 AM   #20
fred812
Authorized User

Drives: 2007 5 spd Hatch White
I wanted to fly to an area that had options I wanted, still 6 month wait!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
fred812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 03:15 PM   #21
fred812
Authorized User

Drives: 2007 5 spd Hatch White
Post what your looking For so all can watch, I initally had people find cars for me non of which I wanted. Automatic seems to be out there. I wanted manual,Cause the hatch looks like a little sports car! RRRRRR,RRRRRRR
fred812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:33 AM   #22
BMGYaris

Drives: Yaris 3dr Hatchback
well just a thought, but some 27% of all all deaths on the road are due to side impacts and supposedly approx 45% of those could be prevented with side curtain and torso airbags.
Skidding accidents that ABS could help with account for a much smaller total percentage of deaths on the road, though i dont have and exact number. ABS can prevent about 1/3 of those. However, the presence of ABS causes about a 33% increase in fatal panic oversteering meanuvers. SUV's will take up more than a fair share of those accidents, but the LB may have some disadvantage there over a sedan im not sure about that, unless you dont oversteer of course-though you certainly could.
It seems to me that side airbags is the far more statistically safer route to go if you had to choose between the two, even without oversteering. Though if someone has that percentage of total deaths caused by skidding accidents that would be awesome

(Thats why i have my pp airbag black auto Yaris liftback in south carolina, if anybody wants it, it has 500 miles and im uncomfortable in the seat postion, cant sit back far enough for me, so just pm me:))
BMGYaris is offline   Reply With Quote