Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-09-2006, 12:11 PM   #19
Ayka

Drives: 07' Yaris HB | Blazin' Blue
Ok, so the fuse connects on the Bottom Portion of that panel.. I think I can do this.

and I expect to install my own sound some day... I'll learn!

Thanks Violin
Ayka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:37 PM   #20
W.A.S.P
I love my Yaris!

Drives: White Yaris Liftback 2 Dr. AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violin
For my sunroof power, I used these add-a-fuse suckers:

http://grote.com/cgi-bin/goc/goc.cgi...number=82-2212

I found them at Auto Zone.

I ran them from the fuse panel under the driver's side dash. The only problem is now I can't put the cover back on, but it is hidden anyway.
Violin, did you use a standard mini blade fuse? Are they compatible with the low profile fuses in the fuse box? TIA
W.A.S.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:48 PM   #21
Ayka

Drives: 07' Yaris HB | Blazin' Blue
You need to make sure that it is the MINI-FUSE for Add-a-Fuse, I accidentally got some of the regular sized suckers, and well.. time to make a return!

Mine look exactly like that, but they were Bussmann Add-a-Crct, work like a charm
Ayka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:49 PM   #22
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
I'm note really a fuseologist, but there are two sizes of blade fuses. Ours is the smaller size - that's what I used.
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 12:27 PM   #23
argylesocks
Bears eat beets.

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violin
More functional than fun.

After moving my overhead dome light back to accomodate my sunroof, the front of my Yaris was a little dark so I wired these babies in with the dome light circuit so they fade on with the door opening. Looks downright OEM.
oh snap that is cool !
i want some!!!!!
Old 11-04-2006, 07:00 AM   #24
mcdaddy

Drives: Yaris 2006, 2NZFE 1.3L
this is what i did during the last weekend..

it helps me see my toe nails cleaned all the time.. hahaha
Old 11-05-2006, 11:56 AM   #25
BMGYaris

Drives: Yaris 3dr Hatchback
Hey guys, i am looking for some LED under dash kits that have a switch that can turn them on and off and are super eas to install...but preferably dont use the cig lighter as that just looks too ghetto for me (couldnt just sneak them on when a girl gets in the car, she would know i was doing it on purpose). but, while i was a student electrician for one year in college all i did was change out ballast (sp?) and fix exit signs and some power outlets, i have NEVER touched anything in my car, too scary for me. Anybody know a good set to buy in paritcular or can i just pick up anything like this http://www.oznium.com/meteor Anybody know a good diy, im pretty darn nervous about messing with wires in my car.
BMGYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 05:35 AM   #26
mcdaddy

Drives: Yaris 2006, 2NZFE 1.3L
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMGYaris
Hey guys, i am looking for some LED under dash kits that have a switch that can turn them on and off and are super eas to install...but preferably dont use the cig lighter as that just looks too ghetto for me (couldnt just sneak them on when a girl gets in the car, she would know i was doing it on purpose). but, while i was a student electrician for one year in college all i did was change out ballast (sp?) and fix exit signs and some power outlets, i have NEVER touched anything in my car, too scary for me. Anybody know a good set to buy in paritcular or can i just pick up anything like this http://www.oznium.com/meteor Anybody know a good diy, im pretty darn nervous about messing with wires in my car.
mine turns ON when the driver or the passenger door opens then turns OFF when the door's close. just hook-up the negative wire of the LED to the negative wire/switch from the door, just make sure that the supplied positive line is the same as the dome light.... viola!!

get yourself a test light to help you out the DIY .. goodluck!!
Old 11-07-2006, 10:22 AM   #27
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMGYaris
If you did that electrical work, you shouldn't really have a problem with your car. At least 12 volt can't kill you.

If you pull the trim off the a-pillar on the driver's side, you can access the wires to the dome light. They're wrapped in electrical tape so you'll have to peel some of that back. The blue wire is the power and the white wire with the black stripe is the ground controlled by the door switch. Many of the circuits on the Yaris are backwards like that - the power is always on and the ground is switched.
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote