Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-05-2009, 08:38 AM   #1
bearda

Drives: 2006 Mazda3 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASTREX View Post
Remember to run premium fuel.
Perhaps some Lucas or Torco octane booster and 1 step colder plugs... all cheap upgrades that will help you prevent detonation. Especially on a dry shot.

Post some numbers and vids..!
I understand you'd want to run the colder plugs when using the nitrous to avoid detonation, but what's the effect of running one step colder the rest of the time?
Old 08-05-2009, 05:45 PM   #2
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearda View Post
I understand you'd want to run the colder plugs when using the nitrous to avoid detonation, but what's the effect of running one step colder the rest of the time?
I think im gonna stay in the same heat range but go with either the zex plugs or e3 diamond fire plugs . From what i've read its not so much a wrong heat range plug causing detonation with nitrous as the spark plug grounding strap getting too hot and basically turning the spark plug to a glow plug .
http://www.zex.com/Pages/60/4%20and%...20Engines.aspx
blacksandiegovitz is offline   Reply With Quote