Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2009, 12:42 AM   #1
Jrilla

Drives: 09 Yaris 4Dr Sedan
Need fog light switch and relay

I just bought my 09 Sedan and thought if I could install a set of fog lights I bought a few years ago I could avoid paying for the entire kit. I know this sounds really cheap, but they are nice lights and I am sure if they don't work to my satisfaction I will go ahead and buy the kit and the 09 trim plates.

The only thing I am missing is the relay and the switch. So far I have cut holes in the existing blank trim pieces and JB welded the lights to them. I have sufficient wiring that came with set, but I wanted to get a switch that would go into one of the empty spots next to the e-brake. I assume I would need a wire harness to snap into the switch also. Does anyone have a spare switch for sale with the connector with a short length of wires coming out of it?

Also, I need a relay to complete the installation. Does anyone have a spare for sale, or the specs on what I would need to buy. It looks like a simple SPDT relay, but I suppose I would need to make sure the relay I get is the right type of relay with the correct pinout and voltage.

If no one has these could someone post links to where the individual parts can be bought. All I have seen were the complete kit, and if I have to get them from Toyota, I would think I could get the entire kit for a little more money.

Thanks a lot for any help.
Jrilla is offline   Reply With Quote