Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-17-2009, 11:28 AM   #19
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24585

This is the thread to the deadening. Unless I do the trunk up more (I'll put some sound room foam in the higher reaches inbeteen the inner and outer C-pillar area that I couldn't reach before) that'll stay the same. I will however put the pics up when I drop the headliner. That's going to allow me to look at where the airbags truly are in both the A-pillar and C-pillar area.

When I get back from Iraq, the first thing that I see hapening is the source unit (dash modification) and amp rack install. The entire floor of the car will be removed down to the deadening. We're going to be immaculate with...everything really...the signal runs are going to be very important. I'm going to try to keep the power wire on the left side of the center and the signal wire on the right side back to that amp rack. I will probably put up a primer for the peeps who may want to make thier own RCAs. I'll be using some 4 conductor wire with Neutrik ProFi connectors from the P01 to the amps; the wire will be color coded techflex, booted, and with heat shrink.

We're going to be dealing with three Image Dynamics Q amplifiers (two Q 450.4 amps for the three way set and one Q 1200.1 for the subwoofers). We're going to be setting a single "fast battery" back near the 1200.1 to help a bit if ever needed.

I'm keeping the woofer enclosure close to the vest, simply because we are formulating plans for a serious enclosure that MAY include up to what looks like 4 15" ID 15 woofers..."looks like" is the term to pay attention to. We're thinking old school with the encloure yet very effective. We'll see how that works out.

The door build for the L8 midbass woofers is going to be fun. Most people don't think that'll happen. I've got other news for you if you think that. :)

Drop a line with any questions.

Last edited by sqcomp; 12-17-2009 at 11:39 AM.
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote