Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > California
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #1
TheDriver916

Drives: 2008 yaris sedan
The end of my yaris

Damn those cheap all season tires.. I hydroplaned off of grant line road.. guess I was thinkin i was at the go kart track already..
Il post pics later.. and I ventured away from the yaris to a better handling sub compact.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:10 AM   #2
big lo

Drives: 2007 VIOS
Hope you are ok, and if you are willing to sell parts hit me up on a PM, in need of headlights if anything
big lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:00 PM   #3
TheDriver916

And that's the end. 16 thousand in damage :(. The only parts I have is the stock intake and the sun shade visors. Pm me if your interested.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:17 PM   #4
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
What kinda tires were they?
Old 01-05-2011, 06:27 PM   #5
YAR1S

Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr LB (Bayou Blue)
Send a message via AIM to YAR1S
oh snap sorry to hear

Quote:
"Spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know"
YAR1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:23 PM   #6
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDriver916 View Post
And that's the end. 16 thousand in damage :(.
Whoever appraised that as $16,000 worth of damage is smokin' some serious crack!

Even totaled, there ain't no way a 2008 Yaris sedan is worth that much.

Sorry to see your crashed like that, but from the photos it appears there are still a lot of usable parts on it...
Old 01-05-2011, 10:16 PM   #7
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
Whoever appraised that as $16,000 worth of damage is smokin' some serious crack!

Even totaled, there ain't no way a 2008 Yaris sedan is worth that much.

Sorry to see your crashed like that, but from the photos it appears there are still a lot of usable parts on it...
+1
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:44 PM   #8
slow.yaris
Banned

Drives: 07 yaris sedan
Rebuilding a car costs more than mass producing a car, especially when insurance is involved. I was thinking the same thing, it might be a bit high, but not unreasonable. If most panels needs body work or replacement, and that bumper bar went in to the engine bay, its totaled as far as insurance is concerned, without question. If not, someone keep an eye on northern cali salvages - PARTS CAR.

Oh, and sorry about the car, but you could be driving any car and if you have crappy tires you're gonna hydroplane.

What other sub compact are you going to?
slow.yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:18 AM   #9
TheDriver916

This is the new ride and I'm already in love with it.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:24 AM   #10
TheDriver916

Ford has really stepped it up in the passed few years.. with the whole SYNC program the Bluetooth and all the cool options it just makes it feel so much less econo boxish. Thee car handles a lot better. Oh and on that note the tires I had were the stock bridgestones I think. These toyos with my 5 speed in the fiesta handle a million times better. It was a sedan but the body roll was pretty bad in my old yaris.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:31 AM   #11
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow.yaris View Post
Rebuilding a car costs more than mass producing a car, especially when insurance is involved. I was thinking the same thing, it might be a bit high, but not unreasonable. If most panels needs body work or replacement, and that bumper bar went in to the engine bay, its totaled as far as insurance is concerned, without question. If not, someone keep an eye on northern cali salvages - PARTS CAR.
True, but once the cost of repairs exceeds the current value of the car, it is totaled. No insurance company will pay more to have a car fixed than what it’s worth!

Quote:
Oh, and sorry about the car, but you could be driving any car and if you have crappy tires you're gonna hydroplane.
Agreed, cheap tires are never a good idea in my book. Heck, it was tough enough jumping out of airplanes and helicopters knowing that your parachute was built by the lowest bidder! If a person wants to save money on their cars, do it in places that your life won't depend on it.

I laugh at people who spend thousands on their stereos, then scrimp on tires. There are places to get great deals on good tires, and there's nothing wrong with wanting to save money but it shouldn't be at the expense of one's safety!

Cheers! M2
Old 01-31-2011, 01:04 PM   #12
Soner

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to Soner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDriver916 View Post
Ford has really stepped it up in the passed few years.. with the whole SYNC program the Bluetooth and all the cool options it just makes it feel so much less econo boxish. Thee car handles a lot better. Oh and on that note the tires I had were the stock bridgestones I think. These toyos with my 5 speed in the fiesta handle a million times better. It was a sedan but the body roll was pretty bad in my old yaris.
Congrats on your new purchase. I think the exterior of the Fiesta is really nice and I heard great things about how fun it is to drive that car. I also heard good things about the synch technology that they have.

However, I think we should wait at least 5 years to see if Ford really "stepped it up" or not because their problem has always been with the reliability of their vehicles. They always had nice looking cars (at least in Europe), but their reliability has been average at best.

The only thing I don't like about the Fiesta is the interior of the car. I think the center dash portion of the car looks very ugly but that's just personal taste.

Good luck with your purchase and have fun! Btw, I would have waited for the Focus. It seems nicer than the Fiesta and not much more expensive either.
Soner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:17 PM   #13
cool_beans00

Drives: 2004 Corolla
Awesome buy on the Fiesta!

post up all the differences between that and the yaris. I'm really curious to know!
cool_beans00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:26 AM   #14
mupy

Drives: 07 yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soner View Post
Congrats on your new purchase. I think the exterior of the Fiesta is really nice and I heard great things about how fun it is to drive that car. I also heard good things about the synch technology that they have.

However, I think we should wait at least 5 years to see if Ford really "stepped it up" or not because their problem has always been with the reliability of their vehicles. They always had nice looking cars (at least in Europe), but their reliability has been average at best.

The only thing I don't like about the Fiesta is the interior of the car. I think the center dash portion of the car looks very ugly but that's just personal taste.

Good luck with your purchase and have fun! Btw, I would have waited for the Focus. It seems nicer than the Fiesta and not much more expensive either.
I think ford has the best reliability among the three americas auto companies.
mupy is offline   Reply With Quote