Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-17-2011, 03:07 AM   #19
john21031

Drives: '10 Fit Sport MT and 2012 Fit
I sat in the fiat at the dealer in downtown LA and quiet honestly, I was disappointed. The car felt and screamed - CHRYSLER!

The pedal area is very uncomfortable to operate the clutch. The clutch itself has an uneven pressure when being released. The headrests are weird and uncomfortable (also unsafe in an offset crash?). The rear seat space is a joke. The cabrio's trunk is good for three 2-liter bottles of soda. The bare metal on the dashboard... was that really necessary?

All in all, cute car from the outside, CHRYSLER made in Mexico on the inside. Cramped engine compartment... and very flimsy seat release/rear access lever.... that screams LOW QUALITY PLASTIC CHRYSLER.

To completely spoil the deal, this fiat has almost nothing to do with the European one. It used completely different platform, different (american built engine), different suspension, and different body panels.

Sorry, I did have high expectations for this car, but I was disappointed to see it in person. No wonder Fiat has a reputation of an inexpensive, sub par, and struggling brand in Europe.
john21031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:48 PM   #20
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
Quote:
Originally Posted by john21031 View Post
...No wonder Fiat has a reputation of an inexpensive, sub par, and struggling brand in Europe.

Funny, I was thinking I saw on Top Gear that its the subcompact everyone else is trying to measure up to.
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:14 PM   #21
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Here's a review of the Fiat CABRIO by Motorweek , http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt3048a.shtml . Takes premium gas , got 37 m.p.g. with the automatic , not bad .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:21 PM   #22
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Found a video of same FIAT reviewed by MOTORWEEK , here it be . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IUpQ...ture=fvwp&NR=1 . Like it more . Looks like fun .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote