Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-14-2011, 02:46 PM   #1
henrylee

Drives: 2011 Yaris Sedan Red Power pkg
First Round of Mods: Scion xB Wheels, Tint, Exhaust Tip, Undercoating

This is my wife's car we bought a month ago 8/11.
Got around to do the 1st set of mods on my list:

Scion xB Wheels- 15x6 et39 Bridgestone Potenza 185/60/15 with TPMS
Llumar Tint- 35% sides and 20% rear windshield
Exhaust Tip- From advance auto
Rustoleum Rubberized Undercoating- Fender walls

Next set of mods:
Lowering Springs
OEM Fog lights

Already ordered the Toyota Center Caps, should be here next week. And hopefully Fogs and Springs will be next...
henrylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:55 PM   #2
josh044

Drives: 07 yaris hb - 5 spd
Nice, did you do the undercoating for sound deadening? Do you notice a difference?
josh044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:16 PM   #3
henrylee

Yea the inner fenders because rocks would swirl around and hit the fender walls. I have notice some improvement.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:23 PM   #4
jpmck03

Drives: 2018 Volkswagen GTI
Excellent choice in wheels! One the best Toyota alloys you can get for a Yaris.

(I've got 'em too, so yeah, I'm a little biased.)

Congrats on the new car and your first mods. Lookin' good!

jpmck03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:34 AM   #5
henrylee

Lol thanks. Love your wheels too.

But my next question is to debadge or not to debadge???
Old 09-15-2011, 12:49 AM   #6
jpmck03

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrylee View Post
Lol thanks. Love your wheels too.
Thanks, we've got good taste!

Quote:
But my next question is to debadge or not to debadge???
I asked myself that question too when I first started out. Ended up debadging it, and never had any regrets. A lot of folk around here have done it...
DIY: Debadge/Black out Emblems

I say go for it, and if you don't like it, you can always stick 'em back on.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:43 AM   #7
jpmck03

Quote:
This is my wife's car we bought a month ago 8/11.
Got around to do the 1st set of mods on my list:

Scion xB Wheels- 15x6 et39 Bridgestone Potenza 185/60/15 with TPMS

Already ordered the Toyota Center Caps, should be here next week. And hopefully Fogs and Springs will be next...
Just a little "heads up"/advice. I put the same wheels on my liftback after it's first winter when I lived in New York. The first thing I noticed after putting them on is there is enough space between the spokes that you can really notice the brakes. In my case, after one winter they looked like shit. Rusty and covered with brake dust. My wife noticed (and she's not into cars at all) and asked why it looked so bad. Needless to say, I painted the calipers and drums this summer.

Here's what they looked like when I got em. OEM Scion 7 Spoke wheels on my Yaris. NICE - View Single Post.

And here's what they looked like while I was painting them Painted the Calipers - View Single Post (I don't have a pic of before all of my prep work, but it wasn't pretty and I ended up using a lot of caliper cleaner, a wire brush, sandpaper and a lot of elbow grease to prep them for painting).

Since you live in Massachusetts, it might be worth it to paint them before winter sets in. I'm sure red on a red car would look good, and if that's not your thing they also have a few other less vibrant colors available (at least I know they make silver and black kits). For the back drums I just used a can of black spray-on caliper paint.

Just something to think about, and it's a cheap mod that shows some real attention to detail without standing out at all.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:42 PM   #8
jekqmb
Local Sh*t Disturber

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB
Good mods! Gives the car a way better look! I love the sedans, should have bought one instead of a Hatch
Old 09-17-2011, 12:51 PM   #9
Klink10

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Looking good. One that should have been in the first IMHO would have been the Weathertech Floor liners. Oh and from Mass yea the liners for sure.
Klink10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:12 AM   #10
henrylee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmck03 View Post
Just a little "heads up"/advice. I put the same wheels on my liftback after it's first winter when I lived in New York. The first thing I noticed after putting them on is there is enough space between the spokes that you can really notice the brakes. In my case, after one winter they looked like shit. Rusty and covered with brake dust. My wife noticed (and she's not into cars at all) and asked why it looked so bad. Needless to say, I painted the calipers and drums this summer.

Here's what they looked like when I got em. OEM Scion 7 Spoke wheels on my Yaris. NICE - View Single Post.

And here's what they looked like while I was painting them Painted the Calipers - View Single Post (I don't have a pic of before all of my prep work, but it wasn't pretty and I ended up using a lot of caliper cleaner, a wire brush, sandpaper and a lot of elbow grease to prep them for painting).

Since you live in Massachusetts, it might be worth it to paint them before winter sets in. I'm sure red on a red car would look good, and if that's not your thing they also have a few other less vibrant colors available (at least I know they make silver and black kits). For the back drums I just used a can of black spray-on caliper paint.

Just something to think about, and it's a cheap mod that shows some real attention to detail without standing out at all.
^ thanks for the advice! Hehe one more mod to add to the list. But your right might be good to get it done before winter. But that mod looks really good on your car. Real Attention to details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekqmb View Post
Good mods! Gives the car a way better look! I love the sedans, should have bought one instead of a Hatch
Thanks. Well needed the four doors. But the hatch is awesome and a great car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klink10 View Post
Looking good. One that should have been in the first IMHO would have been the Weathertech Floor liners. Oh and from Mass yea the liners for sure.
Ohh I forgot, I didn't get the weathertech floor liners but did get some advance auto floor mats when I first bought the car. It's not oem figment but it gets the job done!

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38682