Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-29-2011, 08:45 PM   #1
NJ Drive

Drives: 2012 Yaris SE
TRD stuff in Stock class autocross

Hey guys,

I know it has been discussed on this forum about the TRD-offered springs, shocks, rear sway bar being legal or not legal in Stock class. I just haven't seen any documentation that would help in the event of a protest or someone crying foul. If the springs and shocks are indeed factory/port installed, I'd really like to run them!

As you probably know for 2012, any one sway bar may be altered(but not both) for Stock class, so the TRD rear bar is a go.

I run an Evo X in BS right now but am entertaining the idea of also running a Yaris in Street Tire Stock, which the SCCA is most likely going to adopt as an index class in 2012 to run at Tours and Pros.

Any feedback appreciated!

David Corsaro

Last edited by NJ Drive; 11-29-2011 at 10:13 PM.
NJ Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:19 PM   #2
Jason@SportsCar

Drives: 2015 H Production Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Drive View Post
Hey guys,

I know it has been discussed on this forum about the TRD-offered springs, shocks, rear sway bar being legal in Stock class. I just haven't seen any documentation that would help in the event of a protest or someone crying foul. If the springs and shocks are indeed factory/port installed, I'd really like to run them!

As you probably know for 2012, any one sway bar may be altered(but not both) for Stock class, so the TRD rear bar is a go.

I run an Evo X in BS right now but am entertaining the idea of also running a Yaris in Street Tire Stock, which the SCCA is most likely going to adopt as an index class in 2012 to run at Tours and Pros.

Any feedback appreciated!

David Corsaro
The TRD rear bar was legal before, it is a Port Installed Option, the difference is now you can use any rear bar.

I don't think TRD shocks/springs have ever been PIO, on both Toyota and Scion the dealer puts it on - you can spot this by the installation charge note when you "build" a car on the website.

In the event of a protest the only doc you need is the Factory Shop Manual. If the FSM does not cover the option the person protesting you now has the burden of proving your options/pkg is not legal.

So now you have to decided if you want a crazy big rear bar, or the "factory" rear bar and a different front one. I am not a fan of big front bars on FWD, but with those really soft stock springs it may be worth trying.