Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #19
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Bottom line is NO one knows what really went on with the conditions other than what the OP said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by britalexis View Post
i was in a car accident last week - where i hit wet gravel going around a sharp corner and spun into a metal pole .. from what i can see, the only major damage is my driver door where the car slammed against the pole, caving in the door and shattering the window... the door definitely needs to be replaced, but the rest of the car seems ok.

what are the estimates for a new 2007 white yaris (5 door) hatchback door with powered windows? anyone? :( (tried to attach pic below)
Would insurance not be able to tell you this?
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #20
Tardis

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
BTTT with some useful info rather than keyboard driving lessons. Guy feels $#itty enough I imagine.

Stu

http://car-part.com/

http://www.malahatautoparts.com/

The search shows these guys have one I only searched 2007 but you can do multi year searches too.
Tardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #21
Betrivent
Not quite a noob

Drives: e46 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
okay fake demigod, pretend you are on the road you drive every single day. The one that is paved, the one you have never seen sand or dirt or gravel on. Pretend it was raining the night before, but it stopped before you woke up.

So on this day you go around a curve you've gone around thousands of times, and all of a sudden in the middle of the curve you see wet gravel. A lot, a little, in this situation, anything more than a dozen or so pieces of rock is too much. Now if you, like any normal person, hits their brakes, you are screwed. you hit your brakes, you hit the wet gravel, you completely lose control, you crash.

Obviously you have never dealt with driving on gravel. It is just as bad, if not worse, than black ice. At least with black ice you know if it is cold it is probably there. With gravel you might never see it at all until the last second. And if you do the normal last second thing of slamming on the brakes you are screwed.

Pretend to be a human and show some compassion. The dude is upset he just got into an accident. Something he had no control over no matter how slow or reasonably he was driving. And then you as a jackass with zero clue come on here and attack him.

it is obvious you think you are some internet tough guy. Guess what, you are an internet fool, and obvious troll. Please go join the other trolls and go hide under a bridge or a rock somewhere.
He's not being a troll, he's just being a far more critical driver than people here are- the rest of you in this thread are empathizing, he's just being cynical.

A door for a yaris in Vancouver really shouldn't be too expensive. If you're lucky a shop can find a white one and just replace it bolt on bolt off.
Betrivent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:28 PM   #22
Betrivent
Not quite a noob

Drives: e46 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCALB SIRAY View Post
Bottom line is NO one knows what really went on with the conditions other than what the OP said.

Would insurance not be able to tell you this?
Insurance would, but to avoid raising his insurance costs he may do this privately. (We have government run insurance in BC)
Betrivent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:58 PM   #23
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
I am reading all this so I started to think man it must be bad but then I go next page and it's just a door to what it seems, got lucky could have been worst, at least ur ok man.
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote