Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 03-22-2012, 06:10 PM   #1
SolidGamble

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
18 inch wheel rub

I have 18 inch wheels with 215/35/18 tires and coilover suspension, I wanna keep all components listed but Im having trouble with the front rubbing when i turn, any suggetions? I have camber bolts I bought from Microimage, but dont have a clue how to adjust them. Or is there another way?
SolidGamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
willygoodness

Drives: 09 yaris hb
How much have you lowered it and what type of coilovers did you get? I"m looking to lower mine and keep my 18's on aswell.

Is the rubbing on the inside of the tyre or outer edge?
willygoodness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
SolidGamble

Megan Racing Coilovers. Is rubbing on the outside just below the headlight where the quarterpanel and bumper meet. I don't know the exact amount of drop, I know i only have about 0.5 inch space between tire and quartepanel.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:35 PM   #4
SolidGamble

inside and middle clearance are excellent.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:59 PM   #5
vten

Drives: red bare bone yaris hb 3dr
im using 18" as well as the tanabe coilover. the front is rubbing on a bumps ... it 's rubbing on the plastic cover where the front body and the bumper meet...

currently using the TRD 18" rims with the +40 offset , but going to change them with the 18" gold 5Zigen copse with +37 offset.... have the rims already but don't have a chance to put them with the tires on.
vten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #6
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGamble View Post
I have 18 inch wheels with 215/35/18 tires and coilover suspension, I wanna keep all components listed but Im having trouble with the front rubbing when i turn, any suggetions? I have camber bolts I bought from Microimage, but dont have a clue how to adjust them. Or is there another way?
Mine rubs slightly on the metal inner fender wall (inside sidewall touch) and more so at the top outside of the finder liner where it has worn through the plastic.
Take your camber bolts to an alignment shop. They will install them while giving you an alignment to your requested specification.
You might try -1.5 degree from stock camber and zero toe.
Mine rubs much less often with -1.5 degrees from OEM camber spec. The car turns in more quickly with no apparent negitives. Really haven't enough miles to determine any tread wear issues.
Good Luck!

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:54 PM   #7
SolidGamble

Problem Rectified. Got an alignment and asked them to install the camber bolts. I have the FastCam bolts by Ingalls, they have an adjustment of +/- 1 degree. I only had to go -0.8 degrees for no rub. I trimmed the fender Liner as well and there seems to be no rubbing. Thanks for all the help, guys.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:44 PM   #8
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ Excellent.

FYI, total negative possible with the adjustable bolts is about -3 degrees (-2 from the bolt and -1 factory slop).
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:15 PM   #9
Chris333

Drives: VW
You can adjust camber yourself with a perfectly level spot to park. I used a block of wood the same length as my rims. Then use a level and digital calipers to figure out how far the top of your rims tip in (or out)

Type in your rim here and the amount of deflection:
http://www.furybusa.org.uk/camber.php

But you could say perfect camber would be 0 degrees so adjust it till the rim is perfectly level.

This may or may not help your rubbing though, sorry.
Chris333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:29 AM   #10
trdvvti07
Where's my crown?

Drives: 07 self proclaimed TRD Sedan
im going down to pick up my 18's and i dropped my yaris already. i used springs not coilovers ans never installed camber bolt. am i fuct now?
Old 01-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #11
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdvvti07 View Post
im going down to pick up my 18's and i dropped my yaris already. i used springs not coilovers ans never installed camber bolt. am i fuct now?
Camber bolts are a simple upgrade even after you have switched to your performance suspension. Just have your performance alignment shop throw them in while doing your requested set-up.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote