Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #1
bairjo

I miss my Yaris

My daughter has had my Yaris for the past week and I am driving her 2012 Hyundai Accent. (It's long story not worth mentioning here.) The Accent has horrible rear view vision. I can't see without working at it if anyone is in the right lane when changing lanes. It has no place to unlock the passenger door with your key and it has no spare tire to boot. Now she got a notice in the mail from Hyundai stating they over stated the MPG ratings on the sticker.

She will be back in town with my Yaris in a week....it's going to be a long week.
bairjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:21 PM   #2
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
hhhmmm...and so many folks I talk to just love to talk up Hyundai nowadays.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:32 PM   #3
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by bairjo View Post
it's going to be a long week.
LOL. I traded cars a few times with my cousin (at her request). She has a loaded (AWD too) Ford Escape XLT. The only thing I liked better about it (than my Yaris) was that I could comfortably transport her dog (and I love that dog almost as much as she does) to places well away from the house for scenic walks (she lives 7 miles north of San Francisco). 'He' (the dog) is the 'King of the Cargo Area' in that Escape. I didn't like the 20 MPG average the V6 delivered in the Escape. My cousin is the only person I've ever let drive my Yaris. Although I loved how excited the dog would get re our trips, I was very glad to get my Yaris back each time.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #4
tooter
play every day

Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp
Quote:
My daughter has had my Yaris for the past week and I am driving her 2012 Hyundai Accent. (It's long story not worth mentioning here.) The Accent has horrible rear view vision. I can't see without working at it if anyone is in the right lane when changing lanes. It has no place to unlock the passenger door with your key and it has no spare tire to boot. Now she got a notice in the mail from Hyundai stating they over stated the MPG ratings on the sticker.

She will be back in town with my Yaris in a week....it's going to be a long week.
My wife and I love Hyundais. She has owned Excels for over 20 years. The plastic parts broke easily, but they're cheap reliable transportation.

I wanted to get s 2012 Accent for the 6 speed stick, but they don't make any 2 doors with crank windows and keyed entries, so the lack of those critical items made it a deal breaker. I'm so glad I got the Yaris instead.
tooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:50 PM   #5
Idahotom

Drives: 2008 5 sp. LB
I have been driving my 2000 Rav 4 a fair bit recently, when all wheel drive is absolutely required, or else I'm not making it off the mountain or back up it..... or when I have to pack a big load and don't quite need the Dodge 1 ton diesel. I have ALL the seats out cept drivers so it's like a panel truck. Anyway, I sometimes go 4 or 5 days without driving the Yaris, and when I do I find have missed it, even another Toyota is not as much fun and as cheap to drive! In my typical work day trip, the Yaris saves me almost 2 bucks over the Rav.
Idahotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:48 AM   #6
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahotom View Post
I have been driving my 2000 Rav 4 a fair bit recently, when all wheel drive is absolutely required, or else I'm not making it off the mountain or back up it..... or when I have to pack a big load and don't quite need the Dodge 1 ton diesel. I have ALL the seats out cept drivers so it's like a panel truck. Anyway, I sometimes go 4 or 5 days without driving the Yaris, and when I do I find have missed it, even another Toyota is not as much fun and as cheap to drive! In my typical work day trip, the Yaris saves me almost 2 bucks over the Rav.
Your dog must be loving this, unless winter rides aren't allowed .
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:34 AM   #7
bairjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv View Post
hhhmmm...and so many folks I talk to just love to talk up Hyundai nowadays.
Ask them about their Hyundai experience after they have a flat tire like my daughter did. It really sells the car....
Old 03-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #8
DebbyM46227

Drives: 2017 Yaris IA, Pulse Red, Auto
I sometimes wonder if people buy Hyundais due to the 10 year warranty (like they think it might cover bumper-to-bumper for the whole 10 years!~)
DebbyM46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:04 PM   #9
bairjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyM46227 View Post
I sometimes wonder if people buy Hyundais due to the 10 year warranty (like they think it might cover bumper-to-bumper for the whole 10 years!~)
I know one thing...it doesn't cover a spare tire. I haven't checked this out yet, but I was at Hyundai dealer with my daughters car today. While in the waiting room another guy was telling me that the wonderful warranty they have is non-transferable. I'll be looking into that...
Old 03-08-2013, 01:59 AM   #10
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
I guess they are still trying to outlive the Pony's reputation. We used to sit close to a Pony just to hear it rust...
TLyttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:18 AM   #11
DebbyM46227

Drives: 2017 Yaris IA, Pulse Red, Auto
Quote:
I know one thing...it doesn't cover a spare tire. I haven't checked this out yet, but I was at Hyundai dealer with my daughters car today. While in the waiting room another guy was telling me that the wonderful warranty they have is non-transferable. I'll be looking into that...
"wonderful warranty"?

A couple years ago I looked at Chevy Cobalts (before I got my Yaris) and spare donut tires were a $100.00 option. All you got otherwise was a tire repair kit.
DebbyM46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #12
bairjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyM46227 View Post
"wonderful warranty"?

A couple years ago I looked at Chevy Cobalts (before I got my Yaris) and spare donut tires were a $100.00 option. All you got otherwise was a tire repair kit.
At least you were informed it was an option. We never knew there was no spare tire until she needed it. Selling new cars off the showroom floor without spare tires should be outlawed. What's next? the windshield wiper option for $200?