Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-12-2013, 06:31 PM   #1
andreasm

Drives: vitz 2006
VITZ 2006 TAIL,REAR,LICENCE LIGHTS NOT WORKING

Hello guys
My fron and rear tail ligths not working also licence plate lights not working.I can not find where is fuse or relay to control all of them.i check in fuse box in engine room and under hood relay and fuse box but i can not find nothing i download also and the repair manual but nothing helps.can someone show me with picture or with other way where is tail light fuse or relay so i can check it
Thanks a lot
Andreas
andreasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #2
Kar98

Drives: 2011 Scion tC
Check fuse panel at the bottom of the dash. Literally under the bottom of the dash - put your head on the floor mat at look up.
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #3
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
The link below has a good picture of the cover (which has the labels of which fuse is which {you are looking for the TAIL fuse}) and also the fuse box with the cover off. If your car is left hand drive, then the fuse box is under the bottom of the dash on the left and if it is right hand drive it is under the dash on the right.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...01&postcount=5
Old 03-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #4
andreasm

toyota Vitz RIGHT HAND DRIVE 2SZ SCP

Thanks guyw for fast answer.
My car is Vitz right hand drive 2sz type of engine and SCP type of sashi.i lay down like snake but i cant find any other fuse box except thebox in picture no 3 on left side under the passenger seat drawer.The other one is in the engine room the main one but there is no tail fuse.i check all fuse anyway with multimeter and its ok.But is impossible only this 2 box excisting becase is not a lot of fuse in this boxes.i dont know what to do else.i fix a lot of time more serius problem in my vitz but now i stay with out tail light fron and rear and licence light and that is dangarous driving in the night.i think picture no 1 and 2 is what i really need but is imposible to find it anywhere in my car.Do i have to remove some panel so i can find the fusebox in picture no 2?
Please help
REGARDS
Andreas
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 03062010362.jpg (83.9 KB, 93 views)
Old 03-13-2013, 03:03 PM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreasm View Post
Thanks guyw for fast answer.
My car is Vitz right hand drive 2sz type of engine and SCP type of sashi.i lay down like snake but i cant find any other fuse box except thebox in picture no 3 on left side under the passenger seat drawer.The other one is in the engine room the main one but there is no tail fuse.i check all fuse anyway with multimeter and its ok.But is impossible only this 2 box excisting becase is not a lot of fuse in this boxes.i dont know what to do else.i fix a lot of time more serius problem in my vitz but now i stay with out tail light fron and rear and licence light and that is dangarous driving in the night.i think picture no 1 and 2 is what i really need but is imposible to find it anywhere in my car.Do i have to remove some panel so i can find the fusebox in picture no 2?
Please help
REGARDS
Andreas
It is under the bottom of the dash. Put your head on the floor by the accelerator pedal and look up.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #6
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Actually, looking at some pictures of right hand drive Yaris, it looks like the fuse panel is in the same place as left hand drive cars, which is under the bottom of the left side of the dash (so, in your case, under the bottom of the glove compartment).
Old 03-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #7
andreasm

fuse panel

hello and thanks again for your interest.
I will check tomorrow, and to be clear we are talking about the fuse panel on picture no 2 right?.Because the panel on picture no 3 i found it easy and there is not any fuse for tail lights there right?
Old 03-13-2013, 07:41 PM   #8
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreasm View Post
hello and thanks again for your interest.
I will check tomorrow, and to be clear we are talking about the fuse panel on picture no 2 right?.Because the panel on picture no 3 i found it easy and there is not any fuse for tail lights there right?
Correct - Picture 2 is where is the TAIL fuse is located.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:34 AM   #9
andreasm

Thanksssssssssssssssssssss

A lot of thanks to Kar98 and specially to CTScott for help Was so easy and so hard to find this fuse panel.it is on the bottom of the other panel in picture no 3 i find and replace tail fuse and all now is ok.AGAIN BIG THANKS TO BOTH OF YOU guys