Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-27-2007, 05:38 PM   #19
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
I know, but I've been surprised by the differences in the two before. In theory it shouldn't be any different from platform to platform as long as it has the 1NZ.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:39 PM   #20
ChinoCharles
Banned

For those of you complaining about the rough idle, I switched over to Royal Purple 5W30 full synthetic today and it was idling smoother. Just an idea...
Old 03-27-2007, 05:40 PM   #21
Spades
The Hated One

Drives: 07 White Manual Sedan
well, from what I read in the DIY and what I know of mechanics/electrical, I would say good places to ground are firewall next to the ecu, starter,alternator, the throttlebody(its on the other side of the engine away from the ground on the alternator)or somewhere on the engine close to it,and maybe a couple places on the fenders or chassis.

I am really not sure if it makes the ignition more consistent as everyone says it does, but I know it helps the starter and alternator last longer, and helps if you have a aftermarket stereo.

Edit: there is already a DIY in the DIY manual from this site. really all you have to do if you want to make your own, is go down to a local stereo shop and ask if you can have or buy for cheap some of their scraps of wire they have laying around. then make a distribution block from some steel and you are set, all you need is some bolts and metal screws, some light gauge steel, and some 10 gauge+ wire...
Old 04-03-2007, 11:10 PM   #22
joey1320

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by forpinks View Post
SOMEONE DO A DIY!!! please...

and will it help my 03 Corolla on that weird idling speed???

I just changed my plugs,cleaned MAF,replaced Tranny oil,flushed/replaced oil&filter with synthetic mobil1,cleaned and re-oiled the reusable filter, cleaned throttle body,ported polished and high heat painted header,raised the idle speed to 900rpm, and still it seems to go back...
Also I checked my battery,checked for engine code and alot more stuff....
prob not. all it does is provide a better current/less resistance to ground. which will probably not help your idle at all.
joey1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:02 AM   #23
eijikikimaru
Q(','Q)

Drives: 3dr Meteroite
I could have sworn someone already did a DIY

And here it is
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...rounding+wires

Quote:
Originally Posted by forpinks View Post
SOMEONE DO A DIY!!! please...

and will it help my 03 Corolla on that weird idling speed???

I just changed my plugs,cleaned MAF,replaced Tranny oil,flushed/replaced oil&filter with synthetic mobil1,cleaned and re-oiled the reusable filter, cleaned throttle body,ported polished and high heat painted header,raised the idle speed to 900rpm, and still it seems to go back...
Also I checked my battery,checked for engine code and alot more stuff....
eijikikimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:00 AM   #24
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by eijikikimaru View Post
Exactly, and didn't Chris07LB sell his own homemade kits at very good prices?

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:18 AM   #25
ChinoCharles
Banned

It wasn't Chris, but yes, someone did.