Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #37
justin27zamora

Drives: Toyota Vios 2012
Nice work. I want to do it in my car too. But how did you change the bulb of you map lights? I'm afraid of doing it without a step-by-step instructions because I might broke its part. I already go through the car's manual and did not find anything. Thanks in advance.
justin27zamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:57 AM   #38
typicalharu

Drives: '11 5D Yaris
Are the 07' bulb information the same as '11 4D hatchback's?
typicalharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:34 PM   #39
caineroad

Drives: 06 Yaris HB CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revsson View Post
I also need to do something, especially in the cargo area. I'm thinking of maybe putting in a second one on the right side and have the ability to turn them off if the hatch is
open for long periods of time.
I actually found out that the dome lights will go off after a certain period of time, so in theory you could find some way and tap into that
caineroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:49 PM   #40
jeeper5usa

Drives: 2011 Toyota Yaris
Kaotic, I liked the LED engine lights and am considering this mod, but why didn't you just wire it up to automatically come on when you lift the hood? I changed the LEDs in my cluster and console and all my outer ligths to LEDs (except my fronts, haven't gotten to them yet) and really not a hard thing to do. If I can do it, I'm sure anyone here can, im terrible with electronics. There is a post that explains how to do it, I think it was under a "changing color" title. Superbrightleds.com has the most reliable LEDs that I found as I have tried different brands and now I only use them for all my light needs. Their LEDs are very reliable and bright!

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42011

justin27zamora, be careful with the dome light!, there is a trick to removing it and it busts easily if you pull it from a wrong corner. I know I busted mine and had to reorder from toyota a new one to stop my dome light from hanging. Research it. You just sort of have to attack it from opposing corners with small flat piece of metal (I used my heavy metric rulers) to get it from both sides. once you have one side undone it is easy to slide out. Just be carefule witht he dome, it is a pain in the ass, like they designed it to break easily or something. Maybe it's just me?
jeeper5usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #41
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Drives: 07 Yaris hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revsson View Post
I also need to do something, especially in the cargo area. I'm thinking of maybe putting in a second one on the right side and have the ability to turn them off if the hatch is
open for long periods of time.

I came up with this for the hatch...it's tapped into the factory hatch light so they come on/off together.

and this for driving at night and wanting to see the inside the dash compartments...

My odometer 03/11
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/2843ed85.jpg
mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #42
jeeper5usa

Drives: 2011 Toyota Yaris
Mazilla, I liked all the lights that you put around and how you did the cargo light, I may do something exactly like that for my cargo. The glove box lights come on when you open them? The only thing I can't figure out is what that blue button in the center console is for?? Is that for the self-destruct or ejection seat?
jeeper5usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #43
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Drives: 07 Yaris hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeper5usa View Post
Mazilla, I liked all the lights that you put around and how you did the cargo light, I may do something exactly like that for my cargo. The glove box lights come on when you open them? The only thing I can't figure out is what that blue button in the center console is for?? Is that for the self-destruct or ejection seat?

Haha, no, sadly it's for neither of those cool options....the blue button turns on the lights pictured above inside the dash compartments. I figured it would be much easier to just wire both lights to a single switch vs two pressure sensors, etc.

My odometer 03/11
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/2843ed85.jpg
mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote