Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-25-2014, 01:30 PM   #1
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Yaris sedan grew overnight !

Must be the Toyota fairy at work .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GEDC2014.JPG (59.3 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2741.JPG (142.2 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2746.JPG (143.0 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2745.JPG (109.9 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2748.JPG (100.8 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2749.JPG (97.0 KB, 82 views)
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:47 PM   #2
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
New purchase? Details man, details!
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:01 PM   #3
Hershey

Nope , it's a loaner . It was mostly interstate heading into a wind of 20+ and temp in the low 20s' . Some it was quite hilly as well . It's an SE and had a full tank of gas at the start .
Old 03-25-2014, 04:25 PM   #4
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Drives: Yaris L Coupe
WOW!

That 'Yaris' needs to have a conversation with Marie Osmond...!
Nice car, but sorry, it's too big for my tastes anymore...I like 'em small & 2 doors
I DO love those wheels, tho - Really dressy...
yougojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:30 PM   #5
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by yougojay View Post
I like 'em small
I do too. If one lives in an area that has even moderate population density, parking a big vehicle while shopping, doing errands, etc. is a PITA, IMHO.

I saw a 'marketing gimmick' today that I don't think I've seen elsewhere (??? Perhaps in Florida ???). The Market Street shopping area in The Woodlands, TX has valet parking, now $7 (it used to be less)....but FREE if your car 'is a Sewell' (purchased (New ?) from a Sewell dealership....Auidi, Buick, Cadillac, GMC, Infiniti, Lexus, Maserati, MINI, and Subaru).

Last edited by nookandcrannycar; 03-25-2014 at 07:42 PM. Reason: added 2nd paragraph
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:55 PM   #6
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Drives: Yaris L Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
I do too. If one lives in an area that has even moderate population density, parking a big vehicle while shopping, doing errands, etc. is a PITA, IMHO.

I saw a 'marketing gimmick' today that I don't think I've seen elsewhere (??? Perhaps in Florida ???). The Market Street shopping area in The Woodlands, TX has valet parking, now $7 (it used to be less)....but FREE if your car 'is a Sewell' (purchased (New ?) from a Sewell dealership....Auidi, Buick, Cadillac, GMC, Infiniti, Lexus, Maserati, MINI, and Subaru).
Yes, Big vehicles are a pain in the city. Actually, we have a ton of room here...4 car garage, concrete driveway that would hold 20 cars if we had that many... serious room here in the Country!
BIG difference from our former place on Capitol Hill - We ACTUALLY had a back yard as wide as the rowhouse (24' by about 34' deep, then a 100 year old 1 1/4 car garage (former little carriage house) WITH an alley running behind the rowhouses. We'd back our C230 carefully into the garage, and it was right up against one of the sides. I had a workbench & shelves and about 3 feet of room from the side of the car. You learn to adapt - it was a real cool place, but it is like night and day compared to the space we have now. If we went anywhere in the city, we'd walk or take the Metro. I doubt I'd EVER valet a car, even a rusted out '74 Pinto. Some of the valet parking horror stories I have heard...
Walking home from work in DC I would see the valet signs, $7.00 - $9.00 or more, sorry, no I'm not sorry, forget that! The utility bills were high enough there!
yougojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:08 PM   #7
nookandcrannycar

Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by yougojay View Post
Yes, Big vehicles are a pain in the city. Actually, we have a ton of room here...4 car garage, concrete driveway that would hold 20 cars if we had that many... serious room here in the Country!
BIG difference from our former place on Capitol Hill - We ACTUALLY had a back yard as wide as the rowhouse (24' by about 34' deep, then a 100 year old 1 1/4 car garage (former little carriage house) WITH an alley running behind the rowhouses. We'd back our C230 carefully into the garage, and it was right up against one of the sides. I had a workbench & shelves and about 3 feet of room from the side of the car. You learn to adapt - it was a real cool place, but it is like night and day compared to the space we have now. If we went anywhere in the city, we'd walk or take the Metro. I doubt I'd EVER valet a car, even a rusted out '74 Pinto. Some of the valet parking horror stories I have heard...
Walking home from work in DC I would see the valet signs, $7.00 - $9.00 or more, sorry, no I'm not sorry, forget that! The utility bills were high enough there!
Yeah, re horror stories, I think I'd be LESS likely to valet park an expensive car/a fast car. I have to admit, while a resident, I did use valet parking at two shopping locations (that I can remember) in Southern California (South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa, and on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills), but the only time since then (IIRC) was in 2012 at the Aventura Mall in Florida...I had a timeline set for that day (places I wanted to visit), so I didn't want to spend an hour looking for a parking space.

Some cities charge too much for parking at NEARLY every location. I either won't pay it (NYC (other than baseball venues )...stay outside the city unless I fly in), or 'find a deal' (SF)). Re DC, I've always stayed in VA (Woodbridge, Fredericksburg, or with my friends in Manassas (when they lived there)), and would just drive to the end of the Metro in Springfield and just park there.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:20 PM   #8
nookandcrannycar

^^^^^ I wish more states were like Florida re no motorcycle license/endorsement needed for low powered bikes/scooters.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:22 PM   #9
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hershey View Post
Must be the Toyota fairy at work .
Old 03-25-2014, 11:40 PM   #10
Hershey

We wouldn't purchase one . There are some rattles coming from the dash in this '14 model at under 10,000 miles . It also has a good amount of road noise at times , maybe it's the Bridgestone Turanza EL 400-02 tires and could be solved with different ones . There are disc brakes all around , the alloys are nice touch as stated by others . Will try to get the gas mileage up when taking it back and get pics at the rental lot if I remember to .