Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-14-2014, 08:46 AM   #19
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Drives: Yaris L Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy1 View Post
thanks for the close up pic. unless the bottom of the clutch pedal hits exactly at the top edge of the liner, it should be no issue....unless the dead pedal area is a different size in the manual. I cant see Toyota doing that on a car they were trying to build as inexpensively as possible.
Exactly, Just wait and see, I am sure it will work out fine
yougojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:49 PM   #20
frambach

Drives: 2008 Liftback
I've eyeballed those dang Weather mats forever! They look so well made...
frambach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:04 PM   #21
roxy1

Drives: 2014 yaris 5 speed
ok. got them already. ordered Saturday morning. thats pretty quick(excuse the dirt above the mat. I still have some cleaning to do). . fit is quite fine. I have a homemade dead pedal. since it doesn't interfere with the fit much, if at all, im leaving it since it extends farther up where I want it. the clutch pedal indeed hits right where the top of the liner is. however, there is a curvature of the metal on the pedal that hits the top of the liner such that there is nothing to catch on the liner. it shouldn't ever actually get stuck on the liner. time will tell if the top of the liner will get worn from the clutch pedal hitting it.

roxy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:54 PM   #22
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

You got those fast & thanks for posting the photo - Looks like you'll be good.
Also, looks like the HM dead pedal fits fine under the mat, I'd leave it in. You like them? I hope so!
Old 04-15-2014, 08:53 PM   #23
YodaBird

Drives: Gray
The mats don't effect the pedal ? The areas the mat covers is where I get salt, which would mean no more cleaning salt. I should get while my carpets are still in good condition. Even though they are pricy, there better then replacing my lost Yaris Mat, which I'm still hunting for :)
YodaBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:58 PM   #24
roxy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougojay View Post
. You like them? I hope so!
I have no regret. they look and fit great and they will keep virtually all the dirt/mud/salt contained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodaBird View Post
The mats don't effect the pedal ? The areas the mat covers is where I get salt, which would mean no more cleaning salt. I should get while my carpets are still in good condition. Even though they are pricy, there better then replacing my lost Yaris Mat, which I'm still hunting for :)
I can feel the clutch pedal touching the liner when I push it down, but the liner is thin and fits right against the floor, so the actual clutch operation is not affected. I got so much salt and dirt that the regular mats just didn't catch (nor would the yaris oem all weather mats, which cost ~$80 anyway).
Old 04-16-2014, 03:19 PM   #25
YodaBird

I order the mats. I hope everything works out :)
Old 04-16-2014, 04:47 PM   #26
roxy1

i should add...and I guess I already new this...that the clutch actually engages well before getting to the floor. so today I just quit pushing it that last 1/2 inch where it contacts the liner and I now have zero concern that I will eventually damage that one spot on the liner.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:13 PM   #27
YodaBird

I hope the mat doesn't get caught onto the brake or gas pedal and I get into an accident :(
Old 04-16-2014, 07:53 PM   #28
roxy1

Quote:
I hope the mat doesn't get caught onto the brake or gas pedal and I get into an accident :(
it cant. the brake pedal cant reach it and the liner extends high enough so the gas pedal hits it well below the top edge.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:58 PM   #29
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Quote:
I order the mats. I hope everything works out :)
It Will
Old 04-16-2014, 08:01 PM   #30
YodaBird

IT WILL ! Oh Geez.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:15 PM   #31
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Quote:
It's not really a 'mat' Yoda - It's technically a liner, it lines the floor, or well, foot well of the drivers side, passenger side and/or rear seat wells, or floorboards as we used to call them. They have such a perfect fit that they don't even move. You couldn't jam that WeatherTech floor liner up under the pedals if you tried.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:19 PM   #32
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy1 View Post
it cant. the brake pedal cant reach it and the liner extends high enough so the gas pedal hits it well below the top edge.
THANK YOU!