Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-08-2007, 09:21 AM   #73
ItalianYaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris TS
Send a message via AIM to ItalianYaris Send a message via MSN to ItalianYaris
Hey Guys! I just wish all you guys would get some of the models we get here in Europe! I have a 2007 Yaris TS 5-door Hatch! I can only imagine what this guy would have wrote about this car! The price tag is US dollars is 26,000.00. At least mine! The Yaris has an amazing reputation here in Europe! You see them all over the place, is the only car in its segment to have a 5-star European Crash test rating! It comes with 9 airbags!!!!! I am from Miami, FL. came here to study, and when I move back home, I am so taking My Yaris with me! there is no doubt! maybe I should show this guy in his face what kind of machine the Yaris is!!!! I hope you guys in the US get this model! the Thing is amazing, here in Europe is compared with the Mini Cooper S, which is a car far more expensive! We do have to think that I pay a 20% tax on the Yaris, so if you got a TS at home, im sure it would ot cost more than 18,000 dollars! I will post pics on the proper Forum as soon as I get the car! comes in next month! :)
ItalianYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:00 AM   #74
GTSRacer

Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 3 Door
Toyota USA to blame for bad Yaris reviews Stateside

I own a Red RS 3dr Hatch. The RS package replaces the silver trim inside with glossy black plastic trim. The white vents are replaced with black vents. The seats are made of a sporty black fabric, and it has the fold flat seats in the back. I believe that if Toyota USA sent all of these reviewers an RS model, they would have little to complain about. The materials feel much better, and the little chrome trim on the door handles give the feeling of sporty luxury. In addition, I believe that Toyota USA made a huge mistake by not offering ABS as an option. IMHO Toyota USA was trying to bury this car, because of the poor reception for the Echo, and had little need for the Yaris except to fill a price point. They then saw the demand for this great little car, and still don't know how to market it.

Compare the reception that the Yaris got in Canada. Toyota Canada launched a full media blitz on the Yaris, with smart ads, making the Yaris cool to young males such as myself. They gave the Yaris a sport package and made options such as ABS available to multiple trim levels.

Toyota USA could learn a bit from Toyota Canada's marketing of this fine car.

TM
GTSRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:34 AM   #75
boris13

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback, 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSRacer View Post
I own a Red RS 3dr Hatch. The RS package replaces the silver trim inside with glossy black plastic trim. The white vents are replaced with black vents. The seats are made of a sporty black fabric, and it has the fold flat seats in the back. I believe that if Toyota USA sent all of these reviewers an RS model, they would have little to complain about. The materials feel much better, and the little chrome trim on the door handles give the feeling of sporty luxury. In addition, I believe that Toyota USA made a huge mistake by not offering ABS as an option. IMHO Toyota USA was trying to bury this car, because of the poor reception for the Echo, and had little need for the Yaris except to fill a price point. They then saw the demand for this great little car, and still don't know how to market it.

Compare the reception that the Yaris got in Canada. Toyota Canada launched a full media blitz on the Yaris, with smart ads, making the Yaris cool to young males such as myself. They gave the Yaris a sport package and made options such as ABS available to multiple trim levels.

Toyota USA could learn a bit from Toyota Canada's marketing of this fine car.

TM
I agree -- the US market DOES need an "RS"-type model in the liftback, with a sport suspension, better tires, better trim, tach/gauges, spoiler, power windows/locks, the 60/40 seat, standard ABS, side airbags, and an upgraded sound system. Maybe in a couple of years...

(By the way, ABS IS an option in the States.)
boris13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:13 PM   #76
GTSRacer

Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 3 Door
(By the way, ABS IS an option in the States.)[/QUOTE]

All of the reviews make ABS sound unavailable.

- really a shame

I think too they want to find something wrong with Toyota, and its very difficult.
GTSRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:11 PM   #77
ItalianYaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris TS
Send a message via AIM to ItalianYaris Send a message via MSN to ItalianYaris
Ohh wow! In the USA ABS is an option? Thats interesting. Here in Europe we get that all standard! Not only that, we get also ABS + EBD + BA. And also ESP! But was going on with the idea of trashing Toyota? They are the most successfull car company now, and also The biggest I think right now!?????
ItalianYaris is offline   Reply With Quote