Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-30-2014, 10:01 PM   #1
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Can u post a pic of the dampers installed on car ..could say never noticed on the SE , what purpose do they serve ?

sent from my S4 on Mars
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 12:48 AM   #2
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiwolfman View Post
Can u post a pic of the dampers installed on car ..could say never noticed on the SE , what purpose do they serve ?

sent from my S4 on Mars
Yeah I should have taken a picture while I was under there but unfortunately I didn't. It's very tight quarters though and I don't think I would have been able to get a decent shot anyhow. I mean a shot where you would be able to tell the positions of things in relation to each other. I have no plans to do so at the moment but if I crawl under the car again anytime soon I will attempt it. Maybe someone else has a pic?...Bueller...Bueller...

Purpose? Not really sure but it seems to function as a bump stop to prevent the shocks and springs from moving out of alignment with the axle beam and to keep the axle beam perpendicularly aligned to the direction of motion. I suppose driving over rough surfaces or heavy cornering could induce forces on the suspension which would be limited by these dampers. It will make more sense when you are actually looking at it. CTScott where are you?
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote