Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-13-2015, 04:10 PM   #19
attrapereves

Drives: 2010 Yaris 2dr 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post
The front looks okay, but those side line-grooves along with the horrendous taillights and rear bumper just totally ruin it for me.

-
I've never understood why so many cars have those super tall headlights. They just look terrible. I'm looking at you Honda CRV and Volvo SUV!

The best looking car I've ever had was my Chevy Sonic. Too bad the build quality sucked and I questioned the reliability, otherwise I'd still have that car.
attrapereves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 06:48 PM   #20
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Chevy Sonic. Too bad the build quality sucked and I questioned the reliability, otherwise I'd still have that car.
In 2007 (don't know if this is still the case) I visited the Corvette factory and museum in Bowling Green, KY. One Cadillac (XLR?...related to the Corvette IIRC) was also being assembled at that plant. They had two parking lots for the employees, one for those who drove GM product, and one for those who did not . The 'non GM lot' was farther away from the factory . IMO, any company (namely GM) that is going to allow such focus on something that is that petty re the whole picture doesn't have 'their head in the product' as they should....and look at the result you, and I'm sure others, experienced .
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:02 PM   #21
attrapereves

Drives: 2010 Yaris 2dr 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
In 2007 (don't know if this is still the case) I visited the Corvette factory and museum in Bowling Green, KY. One Cadillac (XLR?...related to the Corvette IIRC) was also being assembled at that plant. They had two parking lots for the employees, one for those who drove GM product, and one for those who did not . The 'non GM lot' was farther away from the factory . IMO, any company (namely GM) that is going to allow such focus on something that is that petty re the whole picture doesn't have 'their head in the product' as they should....and look at the result you, and I'm sure others, experienced .
I'd laugh if the non-GM lot was barely full.

The newer cars get, the less of a difference there is. I'd say that Toyotas and Chevys are probably assembled just as well. However, the big difference is part quality and engineering. A Toyota (or whatever manufacturer they use) engine, transmission, alternator, and whatever else is much better quality than GM, but at the same price point.

Even though my Yaris feels a little cheap inside, the car seems well put together and uses quality parts. GM parts are lacking. My Sonic already had little things breaking and the car was only a year old.

My dad owned an early 2000s Bonneville. Both rear window motors went out, as well as the alternator. I think the car was about 10 years old when he sold it. The old Corolla I owned only needed brakes, battery and the intake manifold gasket replaced.
attrapereves is offline   Reply With Quote