Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2016, 10:04 AM   #33
Eforno

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2014 LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
To turn the fogs on you can splice those two wires in place - you do not need to cut them, as the OEM fog light switch would simply complete the connection between the two wires.
I didn't know a t-tap/scotch lock can just combine 2 wires together without one end of a wire cut off. Or did you mean like stripping the middle of each wire and that twisting them together? And if I were to wire my fog lights this way, the fogs likes will be on & off with respect to my DRL, Low Beam, and Hi-Beam being on & off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
If you wanted to use a switch you could tap a wire separately to each and go from the wire to one of the switch contacts. You only need a single pole switch, so just two contacts are used.
I was actually planning to just use the four wire switch that comes with the fog light kit. So should the install be something like what I thought of before:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eforno View Post
And as for the fog light switch, can I just tap any of the two of the four switch wires to the purple or green pin wires? What do I do with the remaining two wires from the fog light switch? Fuse tap one of the wire to dash illumination, and ground the other wire?
Thanks once again for the prompt reply! And I'm really sorry if it seems like I'm sounding too dense, I just want to make sure everything is correct before I start the install.
Eforno is offline   Reply With Quote