Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-20-2007, 05:00 PM   #1
atoyot

Drives: NOTHING! WOO!
Angry NO YARIS!

Well…I’m extremely pissed off…
Somehow the dealer royally messed up my order for my 2007 Black Manual Yaris Hatchback CE - they said that I would have to wait an additional two months to receive my car…on top of the three current months I was originally told.
So that would mean I’d get my car in September.…so ummm…no.
I told them to cancel everything…they tried to insist that I didn’t cancel the order and if I didn’t they could work something out with accessories or something, but there is no way I want to deal with them anymore…or wait that long!
At this point, I’m back to square one – and I’m on the hunt for a Yaris that is actually sitting on the lot!…or for a used one in the autotrader.

Just my luck…

I guess I won’t bother naming the dealership… considering they were non-stop apologizing and offered additional stuff…so...if you really want to know – you can get an idea from my listed location.

atoyot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:17 PM   #2
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
That sucks. We've got a few here in the USA.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:43 AM   #3
graywolf_14

Drives: um not a yaris but hopefully
Yeah that really does suck. I cant believe it takes that long to get one. I would think that they would basicly just send one they have to a place and they just add the stuff. Not actually get one built from the factory. I just went through some junk with not getting approved. I had the car for 6 days and they all of a sudden call and say I didnt get approved. I had put like over 500 miles and had planned out everything I was going to do to it.
graywolf_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:57 AM   #4
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
I would go back, and reason...make sure that you wait another 2 months, but they knock off like 6 months payments or something, or try and get something possitive out of it, like a the RS model... I mean the dealer wont want to loose business, and will go to lengths to gain your business...They dont make any money off you buying a used Yaris, but only through Financing. Im pretty sure if you pull some strings, youll get something out of it. Trust me...
Sabretooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 02:42 AM   #5
atoyot

graywolf14…that sucks man…why can’t we just get our cars…and keep them!

Sabretooth, I was thinking about going back…but we’ll see.
At this point I just need to calm down a bit and go back with a clear head.
If I went back now, I’d probably make things worse. lol

All in all – the original waiting period is bad enough. – For some reason, manuals are very hard to come by in the Toronto Area…the dealers are just loaded with Autos…
I wanted a bone stock 3dr black hatch – and no one had that...so that’s why the order was put through…or so I thought.

Old 04-21-2007, 02:49 AM   #6
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
yea, just go back...and see they might be able to work something out with another dealer, get you what you want...
My dealer was going to order mine, until I told them they were getting the one I wanted the next week, and poof...Yaris

For some reason, why would they order a ton of auto and no manual, anyway...5spd>>>>>>>>"pwns">>>>>>>>auto
Sabretooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 03:04 AM   #7
atoyot

I know! Especially because the Yaris is better on gas with a manual…you’d think they’d have them on the lot…but noooo.

I just want my black 5spd base 3dr yaris…

...It might actually be good that they messed up my order – because I need a car nowwww!
I just got hired for a full time job today…so I’ll be needing some wheels asap!
I hope I can find a Yaris fast…otherwise I’ll have to resort to some beater car!
Old 04-23-2007, 11:12 AM   #8
graywolf_14

Shoot mine was a black lb manual. It had the cold weather package, convinance package and floor mats and that it. They had the black one and a red one.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:15 PM   #9
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
WHICH DEALER...

WHICH DEALER WAS IT....IN TORONTO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoyot View Post
Well…I’m extremely pissed off…
Somehow the dealer royally messed up my order for my 2007 Black Manual Yaris Hatchback CE - they said that I would have to wait an additional two months to receive my car…on top of the three current months I was originally told.
So that would mean I’d get my car in September.…so ummm…no.
I told them to cancel everything…they tried to insist that I didn’t cancel the order and if I didn’t they could work something out with accessories or something, but there is no way I want to deal with them anymore…or wait that long!
At this point, I’m back to square one – and I’m on the hunt for a Yaris that is actually sitting on the lot!…or for a used one in the autotrader.

Just my luck…

I guess I won’t bother naming the dealership… considering they were non-stop apologizing and offered additional stuff…so...if you really want to know – you can get an idea from my listed location.

marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:43 PM   #10
rage2

Drives: 07 Black Yaris 5D
Your dealer isn't working hard enough. There was a base 3d 5-spd in black on the lot in Calgary here.

I ordered a 5d RS with B-package (ABS, power windows/locks, keyless entry/AC) in manual in March, they told me it'd take 2-3 months to find due to demand. Their inventory manager checks daily around Canada for same spec car turning up, and they found one out east 2 weeks later. I took delivery 4 weeks after my order.
My Site - Beyond Car Forums
rage2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:25 PM   #11
boris13

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback, 5-speed
I basically had the same issue. I put in a special order for a 5-speed liftback (with power package, ABS, and side airbags) in November, and then, at the 5-month point (after two confirmations from the dealer that the factory had accepted the order) I was told that the order had fallen through the cracks at the regional level. Evidently a regional rep assumed that my car was in production, when in fact it wasn't.

I was lucky. My dealer found a car on its way into port remarkably similar to the way I had ordered mine (it's even the same color!). It was diverted from its original destination on the West Coast and should be at my dealer's lot at the end of this week. The dealer is adding some accessories I wanted and changing out the stock 15" steel wheels for Toyota 15" 7-spoke alloys. I'm supposed to take delivery early next week, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed until I have the keys in my hand.

It will have been nearly 6 months after I initally placed my order.
boris13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:30 AM   #12
atoyot

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus View Post
WHICH DEALER WAS IT....IN TORONTO!
lol - where did you get yours from/where are you getting it from – I’ll let you know if it was that one or not in a PM...
(I’m not doing any public naming because I know a few people who work there are on this forum)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
Your dealer isn't working hard enough. There was a base 3d 5-spd in black on the lot in Calgary here.

I ordered a 5d RS with B-package (ABS, power windows/locks, keyless entry/AC) in manual in March, they told me it'd take 2-3 months to find due to demand. Their inventory manager checks daily around Canada for same spec car turning up, and they found one out east 2 weeks later. I took delivery 4 weeks after my order.
That’s good how they checked around all of Canada!
I feel like for me they didn’t even check out the front window of the dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boris13 View Post
I basically had the same issue. I put in a special order for a 5-speed liftback (with power package, ABS, and side airbags) in November, and then, at the 5-month point (after two confirmations from the dealer that the factory had accepted the order) I was told that the order had fallen through the cracks at the regional level. Evidently a regional rep assumed that my car was in production, when in fact it wasn't.

I was lucky. My dealer found a car on its way into port remarkably similar to the way I had ordered mine (it's even the same color!). It was diverted from its original destination on the West Coast and should be at my dealer's lot at the end of this week. The dealer is adding some accessories I wanted and changing out the stock 15" steel wheels for Toyota 15" 7-spoke alloys. I'm supposed to take delivery early next week, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed until I have the keys in my hand.

It will have been nearly 6 months after I initially placed my order.
6 months! wow, you’re clearly a very patient person.
I can be patient; I just don’t like being told one thing, then another thing happens.

Anyways, right now I haven’t really done anything – still looking around…
Old 04-24-2007, 12:47 PM   #13
graywolf_14

Six months, i think 6weeks is to long. I dont think you should have to wait more than a month.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:07 PM   #14
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
i had a problem with...

had a problem with don valley toyota...*sigh*..

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoyot View Post
lol - where did you get yours from/where are you getting it from – I’ll let you know if it was that one or not in a PM...
(I’m not doing any public naming because I know a few people who work there are on this forum)

That’s good how they checked around all of Canada!
I feel like for me they didn’t even check out the front window of the dealership.

6 months! wow, you’re clearly a very patient person.
I can be patient; I just don’t like being told one thing, then another thing happens.

Anyways, right now I haven’t really done anything – still looking around…
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:16 PM   #15
atoyot

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus View Post
had a problem with don valley toyota...*sigh*..
It wasn’t Don Valley…but now I’ll make sure not to go there either…

-p.m.-sent-
Old 04-24-2007, 04:37 PM   #16
boris13

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback, 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf_14 View Post
Six months, i think 6weeks is to long. I dont think you should have to wait more than a month.
Well, I wasn't about to take one of those strippo models with just the convenience package. Sheesh.

I may want a small car, but I want some amenities. And I wanted that 60/40 split, fold-flat rear seat that's ONLY available with the power package.

For some reason, they're not building many 5-speeds with the power package, and ABS and the side airbags are still rare as well. I don't understand it.
boris13 is offline   Reply With Quote